• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Roccat Announces Kave XTD 5.1 Analog Gaming Headset

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ROCCAT Studios, Germany's game peripheral powerhouse adds a member to the Kave family with the ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Analog, set to hit online stores and retailers this April.

The XTD 5.1 Analog brings true premium 5.1 surround sound headset technology to your gaming experience, with all of the bells, whistles and comfort features gamers have come to know and expect from a ROCCAT offering. The fully immersive, this Kave headset comes equipped with two 40mm driver units, a 30mm vibration unit in each ear cup, a dual-mode remote for highly effi-cient, time-saving audio control adjustment, and a convenient LED light-tipped mouthpiece that ensures you know when you're on a live mic or muted. Inspired by the original Kave, the most successful true 5.1 gaming headset ever, we studied our original designs and analyzed gamer feedback to craft the 5.1 Analog's features. We kept what worked, and made advances where we knew this new headset could shine. One of those advances, of course, was in sound clarity.

The Kave XTD 5.1 Analog blazes a new path in pure, high quality in-game audio. It's the first analog gaming headset to feature an interference isolator, a revolutionary technology that provides zero noise interference. The electromagnetic interference most gamers simply accept as a part of gaming audio experiences is a thing of the past. The Kave XTD 5.1 Analog provides nothing but clean, crisp audio in full, high quality surround sound.

René Korte, CEO and founder of ROCCAT Studios effuses about the Kave XTD 5.1 Analog, "Not only is this headset a technically on-point peripheral in function, but the build is amazing. Looking at it, you'd never guess it was twenty five percent lighter than the original Kave. That's an ultra-light build packed with features, and so easy to wear during long gaming sessions due to a bevy of comfort options. To us, quality is innovation, be it something nobody has ever thought of, to making something that everyone has seen feel like a new experience. That's the Kave XTD 5.1 Analog. That's ROCCAT philosophy in practice."

The ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Analog is available now in Europe for 119,99 Euro and hits shelves in the US around mid of April for 119,99 USD.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Dave
Processor AMD R7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000 Tuned
Video Card(s) Pailt Nvidia RTX 4080 Gamerock Omniblack
Storage 2x 500GB 1x 1TB NVME's
Display(s) iiyama ProLite XUB3493WQSU-B1
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Couple of USB DAC's
Power Supply Be Quiet Pure Power 12M 850w
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Wooting 2
Software Microshaft Winhoes 11
Benchmark Scores NO BENCH! ONLY GAME!
"two 40mm driver units per ear"

"true 5.1"

Yeah...

Last edited:
System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
"two 40mm driver units"

"true 5.1"

Yeah...

Well without CM making the Sirus anymore, Roccat can say anything it wants. At least until CM gets their act together later this year.

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
"two 40mm driver units"

"true 5.1"

Yeah...
"this Kave headset comes equipped with two 40mm driver units, a 30mm vibration unit in each ear cup"
Not that I believe them to be true 5.1, but it appears your eyes may have been playing hopscotch as you were reading the sentence.

I've actually been reading about how headsets are useless and you should stick with headphones + ModMic.
I'd now rather recommend getting the Audio Technica ATH-AD700x for better positional or "surround" audio, while giving proper audio quality at the price of these, then using a ModMic or the $10 Zalman ZM-Mic1 with them. (That or the Sennheiser HD 518/558 + ModMic.)
The best custom headset option I've seen and would love to get is the Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 32Ohm + ModMic 4.0.

Last edited:
System Name Dave
Processor AMD R7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000 Tuned
Video Card(s) Pailt Nvidia RTX 4080 Gamerock Omniblack
Storage 2x 500GB 1x 1TB NVME's
Display(s) iiyama ProLite XUB3493WQSU-B1
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Couple of USB DAC's
Power Supply Be Quiet Pure Power 12M 850w
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Wooting 2
Software Microshaft Winhoes 11
Benchmark Scores NO BENCH! ONLY GAME!
"this Kave headset comes equipped with two 40mm driver units, a 30mm vibration unit in each ear cup"
Not that I believe them to be true 5.1, but it appears your eyes may have been playing hopscotch as you were reading the sentence.

This was ripped from their site:

"With two 40mm driver units and one 30mm vibration unit per ear cup"

Makes more sense, but that's still only 4.0 at best.

I agree with you on the "gamer headsets" though, most are cheap closed nonsense. A pair of open HIFI headphones with a desktop or clip-on mic is miles better.

I'm currently using a pair of AKG K612 Pro's but for someone on a budget I recommend an open pair of Superlux headphones like the Superlux 668b all day, a little bright but that can be tweaked.

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
This was ripped from their site:

"With two 40mm driver units and one 30mm vibration unit per ear cup"

Makes more sense, but that's still only 4.0 at best.

I agree with you on the "gamer headsets" though, most are cheap closed nonsense. A pair of open HIFI headphones with a desktop or clip-on mic is miles better.

I'm currently using a pair of AKG K612 Pro's but for someone on a budget I recommend an open pair of Superlux headphones like the Superlux 668b all day, a little bright but that can be tweaked.
Yeah, I second that.

Here's some articles to act as an entry-point into the world of audiophile quality audio (for gaming and otherwise) and to learn how to build your own custom headset for better sound at a better price: