1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

router access

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SlipSlice, Aug 29, 2007.

1. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, well I have an Xbox 360, and i like to connect to LIVE on it. Well I am having trouble because I have my Xbox 360 ethernet cable running in the back of my router and its not letting me get a direct connection. I called support on Xbox 360 live and they said that I need to open some ports to my router and it would fix the problem.
    But that is my problem, I don't know how to access my router to add some ports
    can somebody please help me?
    thanks.

Here are the numbers:
    UDP 88
    UDP 3074
    TCP 3074
    those are the ones im suppose to add to open Xbox live and have fully functional access.

I can get to the login page but i just dont' know my login. i Know it should be a default, i have netgear router model number wgr614v6
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    password should be "password" on my belkin I dont even enter 1 i just hit next. See if either help!
  3. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok nm i figured it out i think
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ok should just be able to label them XBOX and set 3 individual openings with the #'s you have on hand!
  5. bassmasta Guest

my xbox 360 won't connect with a cable either, what i had to do was buy a $20 generic "gamestation" wireless adapter. it's only recommended for the ps2, but it works.
  6. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    were you using the "system link" cable when trying that route? cause i believe that it is a crossover cable and would not work like a regular rj45 would
  7. bassmasta Guest

>.> i dont understand what you just said, but it was an ethernet cable from one of my pcs