1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Running Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by AsphyxiA, Apr 20, 2006.

1. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    so i snagged a copy of a patched and iso'd version OS X x86 in hopes to dual boot it with my current winxp setup. Well im having problems, i put the cd in. The Darwin screen comes up. After i click the boot to os x x86 the white screen with the Apple logo comes up and loads. It takes forever to get past this, then the screen goes black and i get a lot of garble messages at the top left of the screen. :shadedshu
  2. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Im not that great with Mac, But can you throw a picture up so I can see what the messages are saying.:respect:
  3. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    It isn't compatible with NF4 chipsets. You can still run it in VMWare from within windows though. :)

Heres my main rig running it in VMWare:

[​IMG]
  4. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    im pretty sure i read somewhere that nforce 4 chipsets were compatible i could be wrong though
    ::::update::::
    ya i just checked the wiki and on the 10.4.5 list the neo4 platinum motherboard is on the list as compatible but it htink my problem is that i dont have the right version of mac
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2006