1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX360 vs RS360?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dolph, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, doing some measurements on my case, looks like with my 38mm Scythe kazeultra fans the RX360 mm radiator is going to be too big by about 8 mm. Is it worth switching to the RS360? Or should i get lower static pressure fans, which is better to replace the fans or the radiator? And is going from the RX360 -> RS360 going to drop alot of performance?

Right now im just going to be cooling ther CPU, once the 685's come out it will be 2 gpu's as well.
  2. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I'd recommend you to take a look at the newer XSPC EX series if you want to get a thinner radiator, it's a better performer compared to RS.
    You'll lose a bit of performance versus the RX with either because as you know the RX is thicker.

[​IMG]

image courtesy of martins liquid lab

EDIT : wait, you are going to need more cooling power than a single 120.3 rad if you'll add more than 1 GPU to the loop
    Dolph says thanks.
  3. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, for now, the 360 will do for the CPU, but when i get the 2 gpu's ill be modding my haf x to accomodate an RX240 in the front.
  4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Look, rather than changing the radiator, why don't you pick some 1850 gentle typhoons? There are the new 3000rpm too if you want that kind of rotating speed, both are 25mm.
    MT Alex and Dolph say thanks.
  5. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would have them in a push, and then in the top compartment of the hafx 3 of them pulling. That would be sufficient?
  6. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    For the CPU only the RX360 is plenty good, even the RS360 is fine, you could even run a GPU on the loop :) albeit you'd have a bit high coolant temps
  7. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, for reference and since im a total noob but ambitious about water cooling. The clerance from the top of the case -> motherboard is 83 mm.

63mm RX360 + 25mm fans is 5 mm over. Obviously, the fans can overlap the mobo alittle, however im not sure if that overlap will prevent me from having my CPU power plugged in.... any thoughts?
  8. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
  9. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    best is to have two separate loops. double for the GPU's and a double for the cpu
  10. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Partially true, depends on which use you make of your rig: if you are sure you are going to stress GPUs and CPU at 100% simultaneously (Folding etc) then two loops are better (even though martin's tests show that the gains are in the order of 2-3C on the ocolant), otherwise go for single loop, less hassle.
  11. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well no folding for me, however i will be overclocking the shit out of the non-reference 685's (2-3) or 690's(1-2).

This will also be my first watercooling system, id prefer to not do 2 loops, especially if the differences wont be much different. I hope i have the mechanical proficiency to mod the bottle harddrive bay, and cut a whole in the 5.25 bays to fit the 240... heck if i wanted i coudl even fit another 360 in at that point. I hjave one fan controller, and one blueray/dvd drive... hmmmm...
  12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Very true. For the most part, two loops aren't necessary, even with extreme loads. I have a single loop, and my 2500K never goes over 60c, while both GPUs hover around 40c.

I think the OP will be doing a great service to himself by ditching the Ultra Kaze fans. I used to run three on my triple rad and they were terribly noisy. Even undervolted they made a distinct ticking noise. I have 7 GTs now, and they are much quieter.

Finally, I love my RX rad. They are designed for low speed fans, so just another reason to ditch the Kaze fans.
    radrok says thanks.
  13. Dolph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, i know exactly what you mean.

I currently have 3 in my case: 2 push/pull on my pos h60, and one pulling air from the 5.25 since my exhaust is much more than my intake.

Regardless, i will go with the 3000rpm 25mm GT's, as for the link that was sent, it shows those fans pressing against the HS. Im not sure if my HS's would be too big, Asus P8Z68 pro Gen3