1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saints Row 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Mar 21, 2009.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Its the game worth it for the Xbox 360?, i hear the PC version wasn't so good. But i am thinking about getting it for the 360, I did play the first one and i finished it, but i dont remember much of the storyline, so does it start off with a new story?, i have played GTA IV and i wonder how this will stack up.
  2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I find it a lot better than GTA. I would get it on PC with your rig, it's VERY CPU dependent, and it loves Core2Quads and Phenom II's.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  3. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    I've heard bad things about it from anyone I know who has played it. I haven't played it, but I hated Saints Row wish a passion. I despise that game. SR2 is supposed to be pretty much the same...

GTA > SR
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  4. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    I liked it alot,very fun I wouldn't say it's better than GTA but fun nonetheless. EDIT: if you have never Played it don't down it, just because you heard bad things does not mean it's bad or that someone else won't enjoy it. I stress this to people all the time it was not meant to beat gta-4 it was meant for a fun enjoyable alternative.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  5. richardbel

richardbel New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah its fun but not as great as GTA
  6. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    GTAIV or SR2, that's the question. if you like GTAIV then chances are you'll like SR2.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    A few things...

-The game is only "bad" on PC because it was a crappy port. You need a very fast, multicore processor for it to run relatively smooth. It is more CPU intensive than anything else. Tri-core or more is highly recommended.
    -It has a lot more to do on the side than GTA IV. That's why I tend to compare SR2 with GTA SA more so than GTA IV. In that regard, they are relatively equal.
    -There are only two things GTA IV has on SR2: 1) graphics and 2) two endings. Saints Row 2 only has one ending so it doesn't have as much replay value.

Personally, I think I would rent rather than buy. They're pretty useless once you beat them. They both have multiplayer features I didn't use, however.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    SR2 is super fun co-op. Me and my friend beat the game co-op, one of the best experiences ever :) I do agree tho, after you beat it, there aren't any more gangs to fight since you cleared them all out!
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  9. denice25 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like GTA more..
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Im going to recommend you get the xbox 360 version over the pc one, for a start its less choppy has less bugs and the controls are built for the 360.

Basically follows up from the end of the first you went to jail got a coma awoke break out of jail find out city has changed new gangs a corporation trying to rejuvenate the city you have to fight them too. You get told whats new whats old but it dosnt bog you down you get a cool break jonny gat mission out of the courthouse and he explains most of the story or its inadvertently explained.

Get to do a lot of fun side missions, characters are over the top but secretly i found them funny.

Do over the top damage, run around doing missions.

Its not better than GTA 4 its just different, its a less serious style game that you might find funner but its not technically speaking a better game.

You get a iPHONE thing and you can call taxis and store phone numbers, call homies to help, call a car delivery service to bring your cars to you.

Its all right good to play co op with mates thats why its better on 360, also the multiplayer is good if you can get at least one person to play with in your team that you know coz then you can help each other out otherwise people just do what the like online.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  11. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    GTA IV is better, however, I bought the original Saints Row cus I had a GTA itch that I couldnt scratch. And I actually really enjoyed it. Its definetly its own game.

So much so, I pre-order SR2 when it became available. Its a fantastic game, (not quite on par with GTA IV), but you wont regret buying it.

I was actually thinking just yesterday, that I might start playing it agian.

Oh and definetly get it on the 360, plays so much better. I cant do games with cars without a gamepad, so I always buy them on 360 if I can.

SR2 carries on where SR left of, but it reminds you how SR ended. Although there are a few links back to the original, you dont need to remember the original plot to understand the new one. You'll prob remember it as you go along anway, I did!

There are also some things in SR2 which I love, I mean if GTA IV and SR2 had a baby, I think I might pass out, over how incredible the game would be.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  12. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Its a fun game you buy it you wont regret it take it from me and Alex we have the game we know what its like, we arnt claiming its the best or that its better than competitors games but youll have some fun and it dosnt feel like a chore either.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  13. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's good on consoles. It's an horrible port on PC tho.

I'd say GTA IV is better from my POV.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  14. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    thats what i was saying its a technically better game but its like comparing forza 2 and outrun both racing games but ones a totally different style and interpretation if you get me?
  15. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yop!
  16. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    But Forza 2 and OutRun are both good, only GTA IV is good out of the other games lol :p
  17. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Heh, I like the competition. That's for sure. Open sandbox style games in a big city which GTA and SR offer is awesome. I just wish more game companies jumped on the bandwagon.
    Crunching for Team TPU