1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samaritan tech demo, any way to download the real time demo?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 15th Warlock, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I think you all remember the Samaritan tech DX11 demo shown by Epic back in March, my question is: is there any way to download the real time demo, and not just a prerendered HD video of it?

Do you guys know if Epic actually ever released the files necessary to run this demo? Maybe as a part of the Unreal Engine SDK?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)
  2. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    When the demo was shown by Epic back in March, they mentioned that it was running on a current PC using off the shelf components, and also showcasing current DX11 specific features, so I looked everywhere to download the actual demo, but was disappointing to find that only a prerendered video of it is available.

Any of you guys know if the actual demo is available to the public? I've looked for it everywhere, and all I can find are reference to the Unreal SDK, but no actual demo, I was just curious to see it in real time and tinker with the different graphic settings :p

Here's a link to the video of the demo in case you haven't seen it yet, or wanna whet your appetite again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgS67BwPfFY

Try to watch it in 1080p, but due to video compression, the IQ doesn't make justice to it :(
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Nope, it is only a tech demo, and they haven't released it yet. I dont even think they have released the dx11 part of the Unreal engine
  4. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    it's a CG tech demo pre-rendered with a rendering cluster at some astronomical AA and AF settings and at a crazy resolution and then recorded. You can't play it in real time. Even if he release it for the SDK, you'll never be able to get the same quality.
  5. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    UE3 support DX11.

Btw, at VGA 2011 Epic Games will announce new game. I'm praying it will be Samaritan. :laugh:
    15th Warlock says thanks.
  6. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:

Link

Epic was very specific in saying that altough the demo would never run on current consoles, it was being rendered in real time using a PC built with off the shelf parts

I didn't know that, if that's the case the game will be PC exclusive, as this technology is way ahead of what current consoles are capable of doing, I really hope you're right, but in this day and age, I think it's gonna be really hard for any big developer to make that kind of commitment, here's hoping that Epic is that kind of developer :)
  7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    it wont be PC exclusive there games never are these days,

EPIC releases new games when they have new Engine updates to showcase whats new, they then rely on developers buying a license for using there game engine to keep them rolling in the green.

and yes it was run in real time using 3x GTX 580's in SLI
  8. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know UDK had it in march/april, i meant no current games use it effectively.