• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Chromebook 2 Now Available with Intel Processor

Samsung, the leading Chromebook brand, today announced availability of the new, 11-inch Chromebook 2 with an Intel Celeron (N2840) processor. The laptop is available for pre-order now for an MSRP of $249.99.

Premium, High-Powered Performance
The Samsung Chromebook 2 utilizes an Intel Celeron (N2840) processor, with speeds up to 2.58 GHz and a 1 MB L2 cache, providing fast performance and energy efficiency. With an overall system memory of 2 GB, eMMc technology and a storage capacity of 16 GB, the Chromebook 2 provides ample space for all of a user's needs.

Images and videos come alive on the laptop's 11.6-inch, HD (1366x768) display. High-powered speakers, along with enhanced low range round and high definition audio, make it even easier to enjoy crisp, clear multimedia on the Chromebook 2.

For maximum on-the-go connectivity, the Chromebook 2 offers up to nine hours of battery life, so users can stay powered all day without needing to seek out a power source.

Brilliant Screen Quality
In addition to HD resolution, the Chromebook 2 features anti-reflective technology resulting in a display that looks great in any light, both indoors and out. The 1366x768 resolution provides high quality images on the laptop's LED screen. To complement the advanced visuals, the Chromebook 2 also includes enhanced sound and camera features, with two 2 watt speakers, an internal microphone and a 720p HD web camera certified for exceptional use with Google Hangouts.

Striking Design
Weighing just 2.6 pounds and measuring half an inch thin, the Chromebook 2 can effortlessly be carried anywhere. The build is nearly seamless, supported by a strong metal frame from top to bottom and covered with a leather-like case, giving the Chromebook 2 the look of an expensive briefcase. In addition to adding a premium design, this material adds functionality by making the device easier to grip and hold - especially important for students and children.

The Samsung Chromebook 2 is equally impressive once the lid is open. It features an ergonomically designed keyboard with curved keys, resulting in a more comfortable, faster typing experience.

Availability:
The Chromebook 2 with Intel Celeron processor is available for pre-order on www.samsung.com now for an MSRP of $249.99 and will be widely available the week of October 20, 2014.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I really like my series 3 it does everything I need it to do when i'm not gaming and the free space they give you is great. it even plays HD to my surprise I was really worried about that since I mostly use it for traveling. I was a little disappointed when I got to see Chromebook 2 though. Its got some kind of cushion pleather cover on the back that IMO really just totally ruined it for me.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Where have all the Samsung ultrabooks gone? Me and my big multinational corporate want to buy thousands. Discontinued :(