1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saphhire hd7850 bottleneck

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Zero wolf, Nov 29, 2012.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ugh... The fact of the matter is, the answer has been given in this thread over and over again already. I posted the google search link to show that it has been answered elsewhere over and over again. Your attitude and drama around here has been nothing but disruptive and irritating. The only reason I came into this thread was because of your poor behavior and having to deal with it. You need a break as you cannot seem to stay on topic, insult others and when someone points this out to you, you try to turn it around onto them. Enough is enough.

2. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Like others have said your system is all good apart from the lack of Memory. Honestly 4GB would be enough i would think.

Now correct me if im wrong but even if you install more then 4GB of memory on a 32bit system it will still use that memory but it just wont address it?

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Wow. I can't really follow this thread at all apparently due to editing...but I would like to try to help.

I would say the "minimum" for an acceptable playing experience would be 4gb on a 64bit system so video memory and ram don't trade-off, with 8gb being the "sweet spot" for a gaming system especially with BF3.

Keep in mind everyone's "acceptable" playable performance varies.

trickson says thanks.
  4. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    It is best to have more then 4GB of RAM in a gaming system. Games are memory hungry and if you plan on running a game while having anything else open, specially a browser with 20 tabs.

Having a 64 bit OS is very much needed for this. No sense on getting a 32 bit OS in this day and age, specially for a gaming system. That would be holding your system back.

EarthDog, trickson and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  5. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    You definitely need more RAM FOR BF3. I think the advice Trickson orginally gave is spot on, with the addition of 64 bit OS.

trickson and remixedcat say thanks.
  6. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Well it still depends on OP if he wants 8GB or just sit happy with 4GB. If it were me I'd buy a 4GB first then test it out, and if it seems lacking I'll just but another 4GB. Though getting a 64Bit OS now would help

7. Tonim89

Thanks Received:
    I have 4 gigs (2x 2gb) and even with a high end video card, I can't see any bottleneck on my system.

In the past few days i've played Max Payne 3, MOH: Warfighter, F1 2012, Alan Wake, and the old MMORPG Lineage II, and all of them ran smoothly smooth.

The more RAM you have, more the system will cache it, giving you the same sensation: "OMG 85% of my RAM is being used!11!1!! I NEED 64GB STICKS!1!1!!! 4 OF THEM!1!!!!11! "

8GB is nice and give you some flexibility, but 4GB is enough for any kind of workload.

8. Zero wolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    First i owe you guys an apology for not replaying so long.

Second i'd like to thank you for yor replyes they were very helpful so thanks:toast:

Anyway i got the radeon i was asking about and im very pleased with it. I can max out everything except assassin's creed 3 is sometimes (usualy in cities and dense forest) runing on low fps (lowest 15, highest 30) according to fraps. If i decrease the enviroment quality setting to high i get around 6 fps more so as you guys already discussed it i probably need at least 4gb of ram but i'm aiming at 8 gb (2x4gb) just to be sure. ATM i'm loking at some CPU overclocking guides soo...

Thanks again for the help you guys:rockout:

9. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    I think you puff puffed and didnt pass in your time with these comments...

I couldnt run this game well with 4GB/1080p/Ultra either. It paged out a ton and caused some hitching... Went to 8GB and its gone. Now, lower res, and lower settings that could help but full tilt it was a painful experience for me. 32bit OS as Im sure you know can only see 4GB (with less available). So while its not a requirement, you should should have it so you can use 8GB. :toast:

EDIT: What a cluster...perhaps I should read past what I quoted, LOL! But I guess that happens when people post BS. Looks like the OP was taken care of, so that is what matters.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Zero wolf says thanks.