1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

saphire x1950pro - Fan speed control

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by 3n3rgy, Jun 14, 2008.

1. 3n3rgy

3n3rgy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I have had my x1950 pro for a year and a half now but just lately started programing intense 3d graphics. I noticed that the fan doesn't speed up when generating graphics and this was leading to overheating of my card.

I did some search and turned out that my card was one of a batch that had a fault in the bios.

I went to Saphire's download center and got this bios : SA99902.007 . I also downloaded a dozen of bios flashers but none of them worked :S (Winflash neither :( ) . I also checked my ram , and psu and updated my aw9d's bios just to make sure everything else is in perfect condition.

I am running Windows Vista ultimate but I tried my card on my work's pc and had the same problem.

My card's PN is 88-1E19-10-SA and it is one from those that need the bios update.

Now :p ...

Could any one guide me or give me a link to a guide on how exactly I can update my card's BIOS preferably under a vista OS ??

Thanks in advance.