1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

sapphire 5830 bending

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by chaotic_uk, Sep 22, 2010.

1. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    last week i given (gift from parents) the sapphire 5830 to crossfire it with the 5830 i already had , today i install some new case fans and noticed the rear of the gfx card looks like it is bending down at the rear of the card where the power cables fit . is this a common problem ? , will it damage the card ? . the pcb seems weak to me and i am worried it may cause problems in the future

[​IMG]

i have measured it to the bottom of the case .
    pcb is 157mm from the bottom of the case near the crossfire connectors , the rear is 153mm to the bottom of the case . also the pcb seems thinner on the sapphire card compaired to the powercolor card , if i put something to prop it up the pcb on the end rises but the end of the cooler does not
  2. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    keep an eye on it, if it gets worse after some weeks or months then its not too good

but imo. bent cards mostly comes when you get non reference cards, the non reference coolers tend to mess the card a bit
  3. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    I noticed a certain degree of bending on a 4850 I used to own, I wouldn't worry about it, providing, as The Don says, things don't get significantly worse in the future.
  4. heky

heky

Thanks Received:
    I dont see anything bending in the picture you provided. And the difference you state is 4mm, dont worry about it.
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    If your worried tie it up with a zip tie :toast:
  6. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Incidentally how are those puppies working out for you in crossfire? A nice gaming experience?
  7. chaotic_uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    better than i thought they would