1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 6950 1 Gb PCB

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by DZZRtt, May 20, 2011.

1. DZZRtt

Thanks Received:
  2. meran

Thanks Received:
    1st welcome to TPU i hope we help u here

yes its a 6870 refrence board since the gpu vrm chocks are at the front end of the card (near display connectors) so you are limited to coolers cover the gpu +some rams any thing bigger will not fit , by the way why are u changing the cooler ?

3. DZZRtt

Thanks Received:
    Beacause the stock cooler is to loud with default speed settings and to hot when i'm trying to reduce it with MSI Afterburner. Even though i got Coller Master CM 690 II case with two Thermalright 140 mm X-Silent intake fans (one on the front and 1 on the side pannel) and two 120 mm Scythe Slipstream exhaust fans (one on backside of the chasis and one on the top).

4. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I already asked this question here. Yes the PCB's are the same. I have the pics to prove it. The only difference is on the 6870 they have one Xfire finger and also a extra mounting hole towards the PCIe 2.1 slot insert.

6950 1gb and 6870 1gb Same PCB??? Maybe be able to use Same wate

Will a water block work on one same as the other. We still haven't found out yet. But if you contact EK water cooling they might be able to help you out with that.