1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 7950 vapor x dedicated memory showing zero

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by night.fox, Dec 23, 2012.

1. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone. I ve searching net but I couldnt see any solution or reason as to why my dedicated memory is always zero.... see screen shot...

whenever I play.. or put some load on the GPU always dedicated memory always stay zero... only the dynamic memory

[​IMG]

I already disable the onboard graphic..... uninstall Lucid Virtu... still stay at zero

my specs:

Asrock z77 Professional
    Vapor x 7950 boost edition
    Windows 8 64
    i7 3770k
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    This is normal behavior in windows 8:)
    night.fox says thanks.
  3. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Math but could you please explain more? I dont exactly get what you mean "normal" behavior in windows 8
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    I noticed the same thing as you with windows 8 but its not a problem at all so i woulden't worry about it to much.

One thing i can sugest if you want to see GPU memory usage is to download the catzilla beta 12 benchmark as it shows how much GPU memory its using. At one point it was using 1643Mb's in my tests :)

The reason i say to use the beta 12 version is because the beta 15 dosen't show the same info as its no longer in dev mode if that makes sense.
    night.fox says thanks.
  5. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Well, I havent got a detailed explaination yet myself, the difference might aswell be completely artificial because of some semi-incompatibility between win8 and GPU-Z compared to win7 and GPU-Z.

What appears to be the case now, is that GPU-Z shows the dedicated memory useage of the GPU as dynamic(maybe because of some updated memory hierarchy where windows8 can more actively manage the dedicated mem of the graphics card, just throwing some random ideas around)

It would be awesome if someone with more knowledge about the subject could offer a more detailed insight into this discrepancy at some point, but for now, I wouldnt worry:)
    night.fox says thanks.
  6. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:

Oh well I was relieved now... well thats ok.. maybe i will try that catzilla maybe not.. I just worried about I had a faulty GPU but it is running well with Max payne and Hitman Absolution..

Thanks mate.. thanks you guys youre both awesome.. :pimp:
    animal007uk says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    You defo don't have anything to worry about its just a windows 8 thing when it comes to GPU-z :D
  8. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    I have the same issue over here and just like others have stated it is nothing to worry about, at all. :)