1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Also Displays Pure Platinum Z77i Mini-ITX Motherboard

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jun 7, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sapphire's growing motherboard lineup as a new entry in the form of the Pure Platinum Z77i. This socket LGA1155 motherboard is based on the Intel Z77 Express chipset, and is built in the super-compact mini-ITX form-factor, making it ideal for gaming PCs that are LAN party-animals. The motherboard is designed to draw power from a 24-pin ATX, and a 4-pin CPU power connector. The LGA1155 socket is powered by a simple 4-phase VRM, which uses ferrite-core chokes and compact driver-MOSFETs. The VRM should be strong enough to handle CPUs that aren't heavily overclocked.

The LGA1155 socket on the Pure Platinum Z77i is wired to a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot, and two DDR3 DIMM slots, supporting up to 16 GB of dual-channel DDR3 memory. The Z77 PCH gives out two internal SATA 6 Gb/s, and two SATA 3 Gb/s ports. Display connectivity includes one each of DVI, D-Sub, HDMI, and DisplayPort. There are a total of four USB 3.0 ports, two on the rear panel, two by headers. Rounding off the connectivity are 8-channel HD audio, gigabit Ethernet, and Bluetooth.

[​IMG]

2. T4C Fantasy

T4C Fantasy CPU & GPU DB Maintainer

Thanks Received:
    now that is innovation! pci e 3, sata III z77 chipset... smaller than a laptop

3. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe someone?

4. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Will be interesting to see how this will stack up. The only players in this market seem to be ASUS, ASROCK, and Gigabyte.

5. meno New Member

Thanks Received:
    mPCIE slot

I like to have SSD in it for fast boot and program load:)