1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Dual X 280X vs Asus DC2T 280X

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ACidBaseD, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ACidBaseD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello TPU members :)

I can't seem to find any reviews/becnhamarks of Sapphire 280X DUAL X Fan :(

From the feedback/reviews Asus seems to be a solid card but it's size is 11.2 inches where length of sapphire card = 10.32 inch

I have HAF 912 which allows me to store a maximum of 10.6 inch [without HDD Cage removed] and 15.4inch with HDD cage removed.

I wanted to go for the Sapphire card because it's smaller and i wont have to remove the cage

Will i be noticing a huge difference in terms of OC'ing and Performance between the 2 cards?

tl;dr:
    MAX Video length = 10.6'' [with HDD CAGE] 15.4'' [without HDD CAGE]
    Sapphire 280X = 10.32'' Asus 280X = 11.2''
    Should i sacrifise Harddisk space and go for asus ?

2. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    Not really the dct isn't that much better binned and the AMD reference is really good.

3. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    I do believe the Asus has the better cooler, but how much a card overclocks always depends on the particular chip you get.
    Unless you get some cheaply build card with crappy vrm etc.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster

Thanks Received:
    280x is a 7970 in disguise so look at 79xx benchmarks and you'll know how 280x. performs.

If you plan to overclock then look at the Sapphire's Vapor-X, it's way cooler than Dual-X and has better custom PCB.

Fwiw ASUS 79xx DCII-T had a lot of stability problems so u may want to avoid this batch.

5. levelord

levelord New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't know much about Vapor-X, but DC2 cards may vary great in cooling ability.
    Had 2 gtx 670 dc2 cards. One was rock solid under Furmark stress test, about 70-73 degrees at 1280/7400 and the other could heat up to 85 at the same clocks and then gone to BSOD.
    Now i got tri-slot 7970 dc2t at 1150/1750 and have never seen temps above 72. Some say these card can go above 80's.

6. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    ITs all luck of the draw my 7970 DC2 Top was crap, no voltage control, screwed up bios, inadequate vrm cooling multiple RMA's later I got a card that was unable to OC with no voltage control even though it was still advertised and due to it being a refurbished RMA card someone had flashed it to the LN2 bios which ment voltage would not change and stayed constant with no way to fix it as a regular bios flash wouldn't change it. the Matrix cards they released a fix for but DC2T they did not.

I would avoid ASUS when it comes to AMD GPUs