1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire HD 6950 2GB stock bios please

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Goshko, May 14, 2012.

1. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, so after playing around for 2 hours last night in trying to flash my bios to unlock the shaders well, I was never able too. I am now paranoid I screwed something up in my stock 6950 bios and I was wondering if anyone had the stock bios to this card : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102987. I am asking because when I compare my GPUZ with others, for some reason I am the only one with higher flitrate then others ... Also, is the number 1 switch on the card with the original bios flashable ? If not, then I am guessing my bios are still the ones that originally came with my card ?

2. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    The thing is, I initially flashed my bios with the bios switch on the card set to 1 which is the default bios ... I have read somewhere that there is no possible way of flashing the default bios while being on 1 ... can someone confirme ? If nobody has the stock bios, does anyone have a gpuz screenshot of that same card running the stock bios ? I really hope someone could help me with this !

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  3. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    is this normal ? I am getting 820 mhz of gpu clock and 1250 mhz of memory... also my texture filtrate is set to 72.2 texels ...[​IMG]

4. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

look my screen xd

Law-II says thanks.
  5. Goshko

Thanks Received:
  6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

A little odd not to have looked on the Sapphire web site, at the product you own! this - http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1041&pid=1530&psn=&lid=1&leg=0# Edit: This is correct for the OC version

Edit: have you looked here - http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...r=Sapphire&model=HD 6950&interface=&memSize=0

Note: for others that may stumble upon this post - before flashing any bios it is best to make a backup

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  7. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    that's the odd part, I never OC'd the card ... I dont even know how to OC anything lol ... how can I underclock it back to 800 ???

8. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

You mention this - "so after playing around for 2 hours last night in trying to flash my bios to unlock the shaders well" - depending what you did and how you went about it!, if you chose a [pre modded bios] to flash it may have had a slight OC to ensure it could make use of the extended shader array. To many ifs and buts to give a conclusive answer as only you know what you did.

As for getting HD 6950 vga bios back to it's orriginal state; did you remember that you have to uninstall and re-install the catalyst driver - Try this first

Edit: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159 [this will show you what to do if reinstalling the driver dose not clear the clock]

nb: if you get a chance the next time you log in please fill in your system specs in UserCP

atb

Law-II

9. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    actually I have the OC edition of the hd 6950 and according to the specs on sapphire.com the clocks should be at 820 from stock !!! yay I guess all is good now ! :)

Law-II says thanks.
  10. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Thank you for the info; my bad - did not spot that you had the OC version and have edited my previous post to reflect this for others to view

nb: great to see you are back on track; go do some gaming:toast:

atb

Law-II

11. Goshko

Thanks Received:
    hmm I installed the latest drivers last night and im getting big fps drops in starcraft 2 right now ... I think I will revert back to the drivers I initially installed off the cd that came with the card ! I hope this fixes the issue !

12. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Good call with reference to reverting back to the driver CD, hope this works out for you; catalyst 12.4 have some problems that need fixing by AMD, seems to be under utilization of the GPU in some cases for older cards; 12.4's have improved for the HD 7xxx series

nb: what version of catalyst came on the CD?

atb

Law-II