1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Hd 7950 unflashable !!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Spiro67, Nov 19, 2012.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    There are two possibilities here.

1. Your card uses different memory chips than the cards whose BIOSes are listed here.

2. Your card has been locked from flashing.

Number 2 seems silly with a card with a BIOS switch, but that could be the case. Also, I have found that certain ATI BIOSes do not flash properly, only flashing a small part of the ROM, rather than the full rom. Why, I have no idea.

Also, you are best served by doing flashes with no AMD driver installed.

Lastly, some BIOSes change how DVI and such works, and this can lead to no display.

Perhaps those ideas can get you pointed in the right direction.

In some instances, I think that yes, it is worth it. Also, these cards have dual BIOS expressly for the purpose of enthusiasts flashing the secondary BIOS. There is NO other reason for such functionality to be on the card. It's built to do it, with failsafes, so I see no problem in telling someone to flash a card with a dual BIOS design, and a backup BIOS. I'll never hesitate in that.

animal007uk says thanks.
  2. Spiro67 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I flash with atiflash with dos. And when i have black screen the PC don't boot. It don't show the bios or the windows boot. Just power on and nothing else.

3. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. Look at the time spent in this thread by all when a software solution is easily in hand.

If your card has the bios switch, switch it back to the default bios...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. Spiro67 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no problem, i have reflashed all the bios as default with a second graphic card.