1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire HD7770 GHz

Discussion in 'RBE' started by onetruecharlatan, Apr 17, 2012.

1. onetruecharlatan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting coloured lines across the screen during POST. Also, once the PC has booted into windows, if I view ANY web page, the screen flickers/bounces. GPU-Z shows the following:

GPU @ 34c
    Load @ 7%
    Core Clock @ 1000MHz
    GPU Memory Clock @ 1125MHz
    Fan speed @ 60% (altered in CCC)
    VDDC @ 1.200v (varies from 0.85v up to this 1.2v max, mostly at max)

Running CCC 12.3.

I have made no overclocks to this card, nor the CPU or RAM. Only had the card installed for 3 days.

Wanted to check the stock clocks in RBE but it reported "Invalid file specified. Not an ATi BIOS? Debug information: "CheckValid" reported error, when trying to load the cards BIOS.

7770 not supported yet?

Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting these graphical glitches? I'm starting to suspect I have a "moody" card.

Thanking you in advance for any input - otc.

2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Seems like a bad card

What it like this from day one ?

3. onetruecharlatan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Had problems installing CCC 12.3 in the beginning. ATI had released an HD7770 specific CCC (8.xx something or other).

Tried that one but CCC didn't show on the menu if I right clicked on the desktop.

Did the full uninstall/regedit/CCleaner/Drive Sweeper (in safe mode), etc, then re-installed 12.3 and this time CCC appeared on the right click menu. Guessed it was all good.

Playing only 3 games at the moment:

Alan Wake - crashed once with temps on the GPU around the 52c @ 60% fan

World of Tanks - crashed several times since card installed. Unable to check temps as it was a full reset required.

SWTOR - crashed twice - again, full reset required.

Also, after installation of the card, seemed to take quite a while to boot into windows. Just hung on the "Starting Windows" screen (win7 pro 64 bit). Had to walk away and go watch something for a couple of hours - came back - windows user login screen was showing. Like it was having trouble with the drivers, but no BSOD. Hasn't done this since though, not to that extent anyway.

Don't think it's anything else on my rig. Built it in December 2011 for the SWTOR launch. Specs are:

Case - CM Storm Enforcer - 2 x 200mm (top & front), 1 x 120mm (rear), PSU draws from under case/exhausts straight out the back

M/B - Asus M5A99X Evo

CPU - AMD FX-4100 @ 3.7GHz /w Gelid Tranquillo (120mm fan in pull config)

RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1300MHz

PSU - Lepa 850w (Seasonic internals I'm led to believe)

GPU - HIS HD4870x2 (at the time of build. Died last week, hence the HD7770 now).

As an interim replacement for the dead 4870x2, I used an ATi X850 XT PE 256MB card, just to get to desktop, browse web, (to look for next GPU and read mail), and this showed none of the symptoms that this card is now.

Think I should just get Amazon to RMA it?

Would you get the same card again? I was a little disappointed in the slight drop in FPS in SWTOR against what the 4870x2 in its prime was producing, but it handled max settings and returned 56FPS, so not to ropey tbh.

Thanking you in advance - otc.

4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    either a bad card or something pertaining to ram/drives is jacked up.

Plus id reseat the card too