• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Vapor-X 5770, ONLY 720 Shaders??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you need to do is RMA the card and stop bashing.

Well these are not at all some high temps :p considering ATi HD5770 reference temps. But what's worse i got no real improvement after flashing to real 800SPs might be even worse (considering temps get higher 5°C) and 3dmark results are obvious proof of overheating-throttling because they stay virtually same, or even slightly worse max.12900.

It's not so easy to RMA these kind of "properly working card" cause these chips can outstand 110°C without any fuss. At least RV670 @55nm easily cope with those temps just cause they put poor cooler with more than 50% plastic in volume (fan excluded) on that BluePCB Sapphire 3870 gddr4 cooler. So these kind of issues are not something new and i'm doubtful about others false claims that 10min of FurMark gave them 65C temps (not even with sidecooling of 2x120mm fans and those help a lot but i certainly wont put two fans just to ceep card cool, same as many sell Silent solution and forget to warn that these can only be cooled if t least one slow 1100-1200rpm 12mm fan is blowing somwhere in close proximity or more on side of the case).

I think he's only a green fanboy that is all

omg, what you drink Budlight or gingerbread juice

but hey he using old software like Furmark 1.0a , new version is out 1.7 for a while now he probably don't know what new version are for ...yeah to fix some bugs like maybe bad temperature reading..?

look here i'm not a spammer like you. And at least i know Furmark doesnt read temps :wtf:

You just sound like ATi lazy programmer (are you??) where 99% of them get paid for zilch jobe done and name calling FurMark as a virus. It aint even capable of programming it by itself (it's the right pronoun). It's a benchmark and yes it's useless like the other benches but it's here for people like me to see if the card is working as it should or not.

Anyways he probably don't even have fan's in his case to circulate air or it's a full of dust bunny...?

I'm not even considering fan. And i know what kind of extra care these ATi cards need. But i dont get how i can get dust bunnies if i have no fan :wtf: ..... in fact i had a fan on places where is really needed, but the xell i wont put another 1-2 fans just to keep crappy heavily advertised card below 80C under load. In fact i'll probably replace or card or cooler, and probably try out that old 700AlCu, you know that old non heatpipe cooler, instead of these crap. And if it gave me the same or lower temps then i could really judge what crap is this JuniperVX, cause that 700 alcu cooler is meant for old X800/X1950 80W class cards and seems that even faulty vaporX chamber doesnt work well in this case

Well what's about your dream to put HD5770 BIOS on your HD5750 card and to post at least one post in which you dont trashing on others. I bet mine and your card are the same i just pay hefty price so the people like you could cross flash their cheaper cards an have the same shitty GPU in their PC. After all it doesnt cost you nothing.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Wall of off-topic text

Keep on topic, all of you. If you need help with your card, make your own thread. I have no idea why you feel compelled to repeat over and over again the problems with your card, it is not relevant to this thread. As myself and many others have told you. GET IT FIXED. This thread is about an error with shaders on the card. End of conversation. KEEP ON TOPIC.

Oh! Found a news post on the same topic. This thread should of been closed a while ago. I wouldn't suggest posting in the news thread. The news posters really don't take kindly to off topic jibberish. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=111186

Status
Not open for further replies.