1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire x1600 Pro 256mb AGP Problems

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by [Muad|Dib], Feb 15, 2006.

1. [Muad|Dib] New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, my card is having over heating problems and AF problems and it's not OC. I am using ATI Tool .25 Beta 11. As soon as my x1600 Pro hits 70.4 degrees I have problems. At 71 degrees my screen goes black. I ordered some A5 Ceramique but now I am thinking that maybe there is something wrong with my card. I know there are other x1600 Pro users that can get their cards up to 100 degrees with out problems. Sapphire themselves say this card can go above 100 degrees. I ran FEAR last night at 1024x768x32bit, AAx2, AFx8 and the test demo ran great at 35FPS average. I start playing the game and I get nothing but problems with textures disappearing, black faces on the models to a sound channel disappearing along with my menus when I hit escape. I turn off AF and everything runs perfectly. Is this the ATI 6.2 driver problem? Or is it my card maybe having some problems/defective? I am not using the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Last night durning this problem I didn't go above 68 degrees. So I don't think I was overheating. I was running my fan at 100% too. BFME II Demo runs great at 1024x768x32bit and Ultra settings. I am playing FEAR v1.02.

Any help is most appreciated,

Thanks,

[Muad|Dib]