1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO PCI-E Flashing

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by bigbowski, Jul 6, 2005.

1. bigbowski New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK.. This is around here everywhere...

I can't seem to find any help for my Sapphire card... No one seems to have played around with them I guess...

Do I keep the catalyst drivers installed with I am flashing the X800 Pro bios? I tried many times to flash the bios, and successfully had the 16 pipes unlocked at one point, however I installed the driver after and after reboot the 12pipes were back...

I'm running a normal x800 Pro bios now, but I want to unlock the extra pipes...

None of the bios from the http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ seem to fit my card.. I'm supposed to find the X800 XT PE 256mb (PCI-E) but there doesn't seem to be one... Can someone direct me to the right one to use?

Thanks!
  2. Christer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would use any BIOS that unlocks the 16 pipes and then use ATI Tool to clock the card accordingly, especially as XT PE speeds might be a bit too much (unless you are lucky). I think I basically had a problem with the drivers AFTER I flashed the card but once I reinstalled it was fine....it is a bit fiddly but well worth the effort. I think from memory I was getting around 10500 with an X800Pro in 3dmark03, now I get just under 12´K with 500/500 (standard XT speed).
  3. bigbowski New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks.. I'm wondering what BIOS would be best though.. Any ideas?

None seem to work for me.
  4. bigbowski New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess the real problem is that I can't find a BIOS for X800 XT PE PCI-E
  5. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    they one in the bios collection on this site. it's an asus one, not sure if it works or not, i havn't read anythin about anyone usin it. soz

-Ricky