1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sarah Palin could be our VP!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by chron, Aug 29, 2008.

1. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    In this case our goverment was designed to root out the problems you have pointed out so that history won't repeat itself and to prevent a Nazi style take over. Remember our goverment is made up by americans and the vast majority of them would fight to the death to prevent what you are fearful of and realize exactly what laws are being inacted and feel with the right checks and balances the power those laws give are watched like a hawk and if abused are punished harshly. They give these powers to law enforcement out of need not out of want.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    We have no rights in the USA?,....is that why thousands and thousands and thousands try,.. to the death in some instances, to be a USA citizen each year?
    Tell me the rights YOU have lost from the time them wacko's killed like 3000+ of us on that horrible day ?

trt740 says thanks.
  3. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    read above post, i am starting to get sick of political threads, nothing against you im just not in that great of a mood and i don't feel like getting into a political debate, maybe in a day or two

also i glad that your not one of those people that thinks 9/11 was orchestrated by our gov.

im going to watch a movie have a drink and hit the sack

also referring to the patriot act when posted that comment, i could have worded it better

The USA Patriot Act gives the government broad powers to secretly collect information (like medical, travel, hotel, library or financial records) about innocent Americans without probable cause.

Regardless of how you feel about the Patriot Act, you have to admit one thing: The Constitution is always more vulnerable when our national security is in danger.

The Patriot Act and similar policies are more subtle than the Japanese internments and McCarthy's tactics, but no less dangerous. By law, they give the White House a lot more power at the expense of Congress and the courts and undermine the structural checks and balances intended to safeguard our liberty.
    It is an American tradition dating back to our founding to have a healthy skepticism of too much concentrated or unchecked power in the hands of any person.

hence my comment/ shit im debating again

also two quotes i find kinda funny and true my 9th grade gov teacher had them on his wall
    Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.

People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.
    both are by otto von bismark

4. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    im with trt on this, I support the patriot act, it does not violate freedom is protects it. I imagine im on the watch list because i have expressed dissent at the our government, hell ive been questioned before over what i have said online to others, yet here i sit posting, and support the bill. The fact is do you get upset if a cop questions you about a burglary, to ask where you where, they have a suspicion your a burglar even if your not. The Patriot act enables the Police agencies to moniter terroristic threats and possible attacks on this nation and helps ensure national security and freedom, it does not remove it. Officers of the Law need this because without it there hands are tied, before this you couldn't arrest anyone for suspected terrorism or even question them, only after they blew it up and if you caught them in the act could you do something. If you don't support the Patriot act, you might as well take a steaming shit on the victims of 9/11, because your enabling that same loss again through your own personal belife in your privacy, the good of this nation comes before its citizens individually. I sleep better knowing any terrorist is being watched and I dont care that I am being watched, it just means they are doing there job.

Remember these words

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country

5. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    ;)

yogurt_21 and das müffin mann say thanks.
  6. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:

True , however, the goverment does this anyways. The law enforcement of the USA gathers data all the time on innocent people all the time. Example when you make a police report, drivers license, passport , buy a dog license etc...however, that data is forever placed in the national law enforcement data bank and is not used without massive oversite for anything other than it's original purpose. I'm not sure what your talking about without probable cause. To collect it is one thing to use it is another, example why do you care if a police officer has your SS# by law hes not alowed to devulge it or he can go to prison and that happened where I worked and it was inforced harshly. Just about anything used in the pariot act has to be reviews several times at several different level including by a US attorney and a judge. They are then held responsible for anything they misuse. You should not believe everything you read unless you know what you are talking about.

7. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    America is so big on christianity yet theres only god that has the right to take away a life but you would all wilingly use your gun to kill if the reasons there see i dont get this??.
    Well you cant have both you Either embrace your religion and follow gods commandments like "thou shall not kill" or you cant call yourself a christian can you really?.

And yes i know people are gonna say well its either him or me but if your belief is strong then hes the sinner he will pay for his crime even if it means you have to die from the evil act.

But the feelings here seem to say no gimme a gun anyday i wanna shoot somone f*ck my religious beliefs.

And if one day your son/daughter gets shot for a dollar or there cell phone thats ok somone had the right to bear arms.

Theres only god knows how many millions of people with guns to search through. (talk about making things hard for yourselves)

Britain manages just fine without guns so why do you need them so bad? killers that use a gun get caught 99% of the time because not everyone owns a gun.

Don't care how nice you try and dress it up you wont convince me owning a gun is good guns dont do good things.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Traditionally speaking if you look at countries that strictly control fire arms violent crimes do decrease. Its much easier for someone to pull a trigger than to kill someone by other means.

I seem to recall also that the right to bear arms had more to do with providing civilians the right to use weapons to defend their country but i could be wrong on this, haven't heard much about it since civics class.

I suppose the bottom line comes down to that strict gun enforcement laws do yield positive results over time as apparent in other developed nations.

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  9. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Finally someone that can use his loaf.:laugh:
    i mean getting angry and throwing a punch can happen easy but dam if you have a gun in ur hand one split second without thinking and youve just killed somone its made way way too easy and yes there should be tighter gun laws.

TBH gun crime is on the increase in britain since we joined the EU weve got gangs operating from all over because thats the life they've known.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  10. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guns arnt dangrous, i myself hunt, remember guns dont kill, people kill. If you shoot a man in anger its your own damn fault for being a moron and you should be shot for it. You can not say everyone that owns a gun is the same, where not. As for the commandments, god also sent them to war, the bible makes a clear distincion between murder and war, murder is killing without reason or good cause, war is defending yourself, and your way of life for a just cause. Totally diffrent, what you fail to understand Nitro and you never will is one the bible and 2 the reasons we have guns.

11. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    orly?

12. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guns have saved my life on a few occasions. No offense but if i dial 911 right now it will take the police about 40 minuets to get to my house. Almost all the crime committed by people in this country is done through illegal weaponry that was acquired illegally. Around here everyone has a shotgun, its a right of passage where i live, granted mine was delayed a little but that's cuz i came from a town over. Now in Britain you guys don't have the level of issues that we have here. But then again i will admit that an America Without guns is a scary America. If we didn't have guns then how could you defend your home from Animal attacks, or rabit animals which we have around here. And worst case scenario we have the Gangs that exist here, and some are armed, and i will tell you there are places in Atlantic City that you don't go near without protection, because otherwise your doomed.

EDIT: So if violent crimes are on the rise in Britain, how does having no guns prevent violent crime explain the logic to me, the Gangs will still get the weapons, the difference is when they mug and rob your house, rape your wife/girlfriend/daughter, you won't be able to do anything about it.

13. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    :toast:

the more freedom with weapons and less control the bigger the crime rate *points at united states, and then europe in crime chart*

14. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guns do not cause crime, as stated above, most crimes over her are with illeagally owned firearms. There are gun runners from Mexico that make a living here running guns, and im talking your normal stuff, im talking machine pistols, SMG's, Assault Rifles, and machine guns. Stuff not even availble to the public, taking guns away only increases the danger in America for normal people. If i get robbed i feel safer with a gun. Statics also show gun crimes occur most of the time when the other party is unarmed, belive it or not shooting at the crook is a great deterant. I can't expect you Europeans to understand America, I don't except you to, but guns like a sword, knife, ect do not kill. The person with it kills, and taking guns away from the normal person does not prevent access to them at all, it only makes it harder for honest people to defend themselves, not only that but to hunt ect.

Personally as said they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers, im all for my Second Amendment, and Id rather Europeans stay out of American Polotics, its none of your damn bussiness the world is not your stage.

15. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    u (usa politics) surely try to make it your stage, also before using a gun you should have learned how to write, u sure do a shitload of errors for a english born speaker

WhiteLotus and russianboy say thanks.
  16. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The world is our stage, and thats because we go out and do good for the world, we do not sit back and let the world go to hell, we try to bring freedom to all men, Europe on the other hand sits back and does nothing short of fail.

Also I took gun classes when i was 9, got my first 22 when i was 10. Im very well versed in how to operate a gun. As for my english, I quite frankly don't give a damn. But Europe has no say in American policy or polotics, not untill they actully take a stand of there own instead of sitting there like a sleeping child

17. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Cool it both of you.

18. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    That would have been a instant loss of all credibility Clinton and Obama have left.. After all the bad mouthing they did about each other in the preliminaries on a ticket together would have been a complete joke... Talk about talking out of your a** until you lose and then bending over.

Can't say I know much about his new pick either, but with Clinton they would have been the laughing stock of political analysts and probably would have destroyed the shrinking chance of Obama winning as it is.

Heh, I'm not going to lie, we need to keep our noses out of every other countries business....

Currently the way I see if, we are a country trying to impose our ways on other countries...

No offense to anyone with in the form of political views here..

But bleeding hearts crying because somebodies life 3000 miles away isn't the way we would imagine wanting our own life and making a big deal about it causes us a lot of problems, and this cannot be argued.

To end this, honestly I think this thread should be closed because its alllll going downhill and we know it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  19. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    candle we don't necessarily go out and do good, and good is just a point of view. what right do we have to interfere in other countries affairs?

as for me i started hunters safety at 14 and i've been trap shooting since i was 12

20. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    When guns are outlawed in USA,..only Outlaws will have guns,...
    People that think laws will stop the outlaws from getting and using firearms make me laugh out loud...literally.
    That is why I did not use LOL,..because I REALLY do LAUGH OUT LOUD.

21. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Great words from a great man without a doubt:toast: BUT.... I know Benjamen Franklins resolve from reading history and....

I would bet my life savings he would have changed his tune in 2001,...Gee, I wonder if the term's Suicide Bomber or Weapons of Mass Destruction or Islamic Terrorist would sway that statement

I know our founding fathers would have dealt with this problem in a much better fashion, just use your imagination.http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_black_jack_pershing.htm

22. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Sooo true.:toast:
    I recommend the movie "Where in the world is Osam Bin Ladin" It is by that guy that did the 30 day McDonald's diet:laugh:
    But it really changed my view on a few things and made me more aware of how our country's foreign policy can be as big a problem as terrorism itself.:twitch:
    We are ALWAYS trying to help, but sometimes end up hurting:confused:

23. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but you are trying to use the story as an example of how to best deal with terrorist correct? If so, Did you read the comment at the bottom? It says the story is false.

Also, please use the edit button and do not double post. Your posts aren't even 10 minutes apart.

24. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    http://newsbusters.org/node/12267

Ya wanna try that again?

25. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Yes,...that is why I said imagination;).

And ok on the edit part.