1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sata DVD drive issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techbuzz, Nov 30, 2007.

1. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    Hey Everyone,

I have been having the worst time with my SATA dvd drive recently. It is the only sata optical device that I have installed in my case. Recently I have been getting cyclical redundancy errors when trying to install games or just play games that require the DVD to be in the drive. I have two other DVD drives that are IDE and they are working fine.

Could this be a motherboard issue? I have all the update chipset and SATA controller drivers installed.

I have looked for firmware updates for my SATA DVD drive with no success (it is still very new). The DVD drive is made my LG. (they suck with product support... :mad: )

I guess I might just have a bad DVD drive on my hands.

Anyone else run into this type of issue?
  2. membreya New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check your event viewer to see if there's any errors.

I had a similar problem, replaced the SATA cables and it was fine.
  3. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    So this could be a SATA cable issue?
  4. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Its notices the drive though right? If not, try putting the cable in a different SATA slot. Cuz when i put my NB heatsink and reassembled my wires in my case, i put the sata cable for my dvd burner in a different port, and it didnt recognize it. so try a different port and if that doesnt work, do what membreya said and get a different cable.