1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Satechi Announces 10-port USB 3.0 Hub

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 18, 2013.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The piano black Satechi 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub, available now, is a useful, multipurpose Mac or PC accessory that allows users to connect a wide array of devices including digital cameras, printers, external hard drives, keyboards, flash drives, smartphones, and tablets in one easy solutions. The sleek, linear design of the hub allows for easy cable management and takes up little desk space for a clutter-free home or office environment.

The plug-and-play 10-Port USB Hub features 9 USB 3.0 ports compatible with most USB-based devices and one 2.1 Amp charging port on the right hand side of the hub powerful enough to charge iOS and Android tablets. The 9 USB 3.0 ports are divided in sets of three, each with an on/off switch and blue status indicator lights for each connected device to maximize efficiency. The 2.1 Amp charging port also has an on/off switch to distribute the additional power to other ports when not in use.

[​IMG]

Additionally, the hub is equipped with its own power supply to guarantee electric current stability and effective operation of all connected devices. The Satechi 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub is available for an introductory price of $49.99 at Satechi.net and Amazon.com.

2. Jorge

Thanks Received:
    Is there some reason why anyone needs (9) USB 3.0 ports? I didn't think so...

3. Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu

good question lets see, I cannot find use for 4 USB 3.0 ports available at my disposal.

4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Maybe you can't but some might have use for it. Headsets, various memory sticks and card readers, adapters etc etc..

5. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    It targets offices, where there are a lot of people connecting their devices.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  7. Tartaros

Tartaros

Thanks Received:
    And useful if you have a laptop as a main computer. Right now I use the 4 ports and sometimes I need more, also I have to unplug everything when I want to take it and all the cables around the table are a mess.

8. tokyoduong

Thanks Received:
    Let's see
    1. keyboard
    2. mouse
    3. usb memory stick
    4. usb SD card reader
    5. external HDD(up to 2 usb slots)
    6. USB speakers
    7. cell phone/camera
    8. DYMO label maker
    9. Office monochrome printer
    10. Scan Snap scanner(best scanner ever!)
    11. Other devices i normally don't use so it's not worth mentioning.

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i actually use a similar USB 3.0 hub purely as a charger for my portable devices.

its only a 5 port, but those 5 ports can all do 500ma/900ma/1.5a depending on the device.

Also, USB 2.0 storage devices tend to run faster on 3.0 hubs/ports. worth noting.

10. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    product that offer more than you need
    its good when you have spare ports coz you might need them one day