1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SBS 2008 Password issue

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by caboose1001, Jan 5, 2014.

1. caboose1001 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, My name is Nick

This is my first time using this site. A friend recommended it to me. I am an IT Tech and I am currently doing a gig that frankly I am out of ideas on how to resolve the issue. Here is my issue:

My client has an SBS 2008 server.
    This server is hosting a domain.
    The ONLY administrator accounts password was changed, and the user forgot what he changed it to.
    So I have to temporarily remove the admin password from the Active Directory.
    Problem is I cant even log into the admin portion of the server, due to the lack of a password.
    Due to the importance of the data I cannot just do a wipe and reload.
    Software that hacks passwords will not crack domain passwords. (At least the ones I know of)
    I have done as much research as possible but unfortunately, it has turned up nothing.

I am out of ideas.
    ANY assistance would be IMMENSELY APPRECIATED!

Thank you for your time
    -Nick

2. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    There are some registry hive cracks on the internet, but you need access to the physical machine, it will give you the password, or you could run a batch file and then elevate its rights and then turn over control by a RDC unsecured connection.

I cannot give out anymore information than that due to NDA's I have signed.

Google is your friend.

10 Million points folded for TPU