1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

school blocks help

Discussion in 'General Software' started by microflash, Feb 16, 2007.

1. microflash New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok heres my situation. The school has made a policy so that you cant run exes, command files or batch files of removable disks. :mad: Is there a way to bypass this so i can run my games and programs at school off my usb drive? By the way cmd is disabled.:(
  2. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    from a school tech himself: don't.

believe it or not, those policies are there for a reason. most schools only have limited tech support, and can't afford to patch up systems that went bad due to 3rd party software.

Additionally, liscencing issues come into play. For example, lets say you install a game on your home computer. Then, you bring it to school and install it there. Everything's fine and peachy until someone finds out... and the school would be responsible for infringing on the liscence, not the person who installed it. Actually, a few years back, a school district near mine got slammed with a $5 million lawsuit for software students had illegally installed on school computer systems. not good.
  3. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you copy the files to \documents and settings\guest\guests documents ... this folder has no protection on it. Then run the file.