1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

science mark

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Terenth, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmk... well i decided to test my computer with science mark... at the end i noticed the "compare" cpus thing and compared my setup to an opteron..... O m F gggggggggooddd WHY!!!

that mother^*&(ing opteron stomps my setup flat while running at 2 ghz.... mine is AT 2.5GH!!!

well it doesnt stomp it flat with these scores but Oced it will.... anyway i guess i f'ked up when i bout this 3800+ cpu... i shoulda bent over and took it in the butt and got an opteron for maybe 50-70 bucks more.....

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic09nr0.jpg

any thoughts/recommendations :D

oh btw i just ran it i didnt close anything as u can see.... i coulda got higher
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think thats for a number of reasons, firstly I think it is only a single core test, secondly its also system speed so have a look at his memory/timings and compare with your own, and lastly the 1MB cache may help him.

Edit: You are only running your memory in single channel mode so thats gonna explain a large part of it.
  3. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea i know.. im gettin pissed off and i am about to blow a nother 120 on 1 gig of ram... 2x 512 at ddr500 and oc the shit outta it... sadly i dont know what the ram is in this comp... otherwise if i knew and knew that it was good and reliable manufacturer id buy another like it....

also.... note i seem to have gained a little.. in my tests on 3dmark... when i downclocked from 2.6 to 2.5 i noticed a decrease in my performance... oced the ram a little and everything seems to be smoothed out... such as i am able to maintain my high framerates a little better...

it used to fluctuate a lot... that is when the grfx card isnt the bottleneck.... obviously i didnt notice much difference in oblivion or 3dmark 06... but i noticed my framerate stays rather high now in CS source.. meaning my tightened mem timings are working well.
  4. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea but this kinda sucks.. i got a score of 10100 in 3dmark 05 but that was after ocing to 2.7ghz... its not prime stable... so i wonder if getting better quality ram will allow for a stable overclock.... although thing is. ive run memtest and no errors.... so i think its just my cpu at max.. :( im so sad... my cpu is a bottleneck

and was is a good stepping?
  5. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    wich ram do you have?
  6. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    ......... wtf uguru wont show up LOL with system temps... wierd

[​IMG]
  7. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    idk some geniric shit that came wit comp
  8. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    use BIOS is by far better :)
  9. Terenth New Member

Thanks Received:
    wat for ocing? noo... it just takes longer.... ive tried it anyway. get the same results, also bios doesnt say crap about the ram. if thats what u meant
  10. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    running single channel vs dual channel will adversely effect scm2 scores quite a bit