1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Screen Capture/Recording Software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Monster667, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Monster667 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all...

I've been bored lately and looking into the concept of recording myself playing games and uploading them to youtube. I have no experience with video editing or anything like that however. I want to make some compilation videos of cool frags/kills in FPS games like Quake/Unreal Tournament/Serious Sam/etc.

I tried out FRAPS, but it tells me I have to register it.. i'll do this if there are no other decent free screen capturing software out there. I recorded at around 60 FPS and it was randomly jerky and random chops at times, for no reason. I was playing Quake (the original) with the darkplaces engine and all the graphics cranked. Without FRAPS i get like 200-500 fps..

Some people tell me you can make money off of youtube, so maybe i'll give it a shot. Would anyone be kind enough to let me know of some good software for screen capturing and video editing? Are there any special techniques I need to utilize to make my videos look not like compressed garbage when I upload them to youtube? Thanks in advance..!

2. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received: