1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Scythe Announces New Kama Dock Hard Drive Docking Station

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 21, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Japanese cooling expert Scythe is hereby announcing a new Docking Station for Hard Drives. Scythe Kama Dock is available as of today and aims for users who are making backups frequently and wish to connect Hard Drives to their Computer without hassle.

Scythe Kama Dock supports common aftermarket Hard Disks in 3.5 inch (8.89 cm) as well as 2.5 inch (6.35 cm) form factor. Furthermore it is possible to connect 2.5 inch (6.35 cm) Solid State Drives (SSD). Connection between compatible drives and Kama Dock is achieved by using the popular SATA-Interface. In order to assure high data transfer rates between Kama Dock and the PC new USB 3.0 Interface was implemented which offers downward compatibility to USB 2.0 and 1.1 Interfaces. Users are able to mount their HDDs or SSDs in normal horizontal direction or raise it to three further uplifted positions.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kama Dock is compatible to many operating systems such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Apple MacOS 10.2+. These operating systems will detect Kama Dock immediately and do not require any additional drivers which allows users to utilize Kama Dock right away. For immediate operation required USB 3.0 cable and AC Adapter are included in the package and do not need to be purchased separately.

[​IMG]

Interested users can purchase Scythe Kama Dock as of today for 23.00 EUR (excl. VAT/TAX).

For more information, visit the product page.

2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Finally! I've always wanted the choice between mounting my HDD or SSD in a horizontal or angled vertical position! :wtf:

Decent price for a USB 3.0 dock, let's just hope it's built well.

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  3. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Docks are so overrated. I've never been in a situation where I've considered using a dock, I have used an external USB hdd before and it was a hassle. I learned that network storage is much easier and alleviates additional problems other than just storage space.

Still waiting to use USB3.0 :(

4. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I use one everyday at work.
    This one doesn't look durable enough compared to whats already out there.

5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Yea, sounds good for a Kindle or a Nook, but a harddrive? :wtf:

Other than that, USB 3.0 and everything, looks good. Wonder what US pricing will be.

6. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I tend to agree, but Scythe IMO anyways usually has a decent quality for what your paying.

7. newfellow New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Scythe Catapult is here! :laugh: