1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

se"x"box FOX news and mass effect

Discussion in 'Games' started by Irish_PXzyan, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    True, first five mins is going to be about someones death today, a robbery, and probably someones house catching on fire... and then they wait til the end of the news cast and lets you know the good things...
    Every time Now when I hear about this or that because of the media, I think now about this song The Evening News.. Its just true
    IMO

2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    its like this they support war and kids hear about it see it on tv and then they see it in a computer game and its not okay you know thatkilling someone in a war is just the same as murdering someone because they did something to you like start a fight or sleep with your wife

adult only 18 is for like shit like manhunt that is disgusting

mate its coz people back years ago before consoles americans were racists and a lot of things wrernt aloud back then like habing a wank was frowned upon you know or how women werent aloud rights

Americans are so patronising lets be honest there are some decent people in america who think intelligently and think seriously and hard way up the facts and research their argument well before committing an opinion or thought or expressing one but lets be honest the majority of Americans are dumbass who are backwards do not think freely or are the complete opposite too liberal and take it to far

stubborn is a good word to describe some people

lets get this straight Mass Effect in the UK has a 12+ rating and thats not even the bbfc rating you know the ones in the red circle

it dosnt involve any graphic sex scenes at all you only see some body shots not any sex type body parts

as for killing and shooting in the game you are fighting robots not humans
    you know there is a war going on in iraq that kiddies hear about and see on tv

there are no dead bodies in mass effect no gore nothing offensive unlike real war real life

its a game its not reality i play it for fun and i play it because i like playing computer games i like driving fancy cars i like being able to do stuff i cant do in real life and a lot of games are a simulation like sports games simulate a specific sport

sometimes i play a game for its story or character
    COD 4 simulates MODERN WAR

fuck i think that you shouldnt leave a child under 12 in a house alone for more than an hour even then its dodgy

once your 12 your free to play Mass Effect

I think that most dads arnt into games like gears of war and mass effect they are into shit like wii sports tiger woods scene it you know pfft guitar hero 3 if they like rock and metal

you know you can just change the options on the xbox 360 and password protect it if you really thought your kid would try to play your games

honestly id just bring my kid up with a decent sense of morality so that when he/she saw a game where people were shot at he/she knew it wasnt real and that it was dangerous and that it was just made up and that someone created it someone made it up that just as in the game when i shoot someone they die in real life aswell its like when you crash a car same shit happens in the game

id tell my kid that people are supposed to die of natural causes such as old age or being sick and that others shouldnt take their life away so they are supposed to live because humans are born we dont have the right to take away a life we didnt create its not like we decide who an unborn baby will be

you know America still has the death penalty in some states and guns are legal so you take them away so that people wont die

no one has to be killed even if they took a life away you know we could just cause discomfort to someone for the rest of their life if they killed someone

like 20years sentence to chinese torture now that would be revenge and its about rehabilitating you know its a waste if someone is just sentenced to death

i mean if some one is dead you know they die and what happens nothing they are just gone like the person that got murderd it takes minutes to die but years of torture is YEARS not minutes

rehabilitation because there is a reason for every murder and if found it can be corrected

you know people when shot dont die from being shot thats ridiculous they die from blood loss and or trauma caused by a gunshot wound

people dont want fear they want to be able to just live there lives without harassment or having anything unnecessary done to them or to others

i want to understand why people did something so that i can see how they think and then change them it is within every human to be able to change another person it is the person being changed who stops the other changing them

every person can be changed its up to them whether they allow it or understand it, no point changing someone if they dont understand then its up to you to make them understand

stubborn people will not change for here nor heaven

having the right to live is like people saying that we are allowing you to live its just that its nature to live thats what happens and we shouldnt kill someone because its not whats intended
    stubborn people belive everything in life is scripted that we cant change the future but we can its just that what we are trying to change can refuse

humans have free will so the world cannot be scripted

BloodTotal says thanks.
  3. Water Drop New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is probably the first time I have ever cheered for EA.

EA :toast: Me

4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

y'know . . . study's have reported that the average IQ of americans is only 70. Most IQ scales equate a score of 80-110 as being average, which places americans on average as being below average intelligence.

Sadly, I find this to be more and more true everyday.

5. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    totally agree not only that it (fox news and other stations) kill more brain cells then bottle of vodka and an ounce of pot

6. Basard

Basard

Thanks Received:
    A side boob, and an ass.... We see worse on network television.

7. Graogrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Studies have also at times reported that black is white, that up is down, that Democrats will lower taxes and that 85% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Regrettably, there are darker aspects of human nature that often lead to people denigrating and tearing down others to bolster their own self-worth. It's commonly visible in "Nvidia/ATI/Intel/Microsoft/Sony/Apple/Linux/<insert country here>/<insert ethnicity here> sucks!" type statements. Personally, I try to avoid falling into that trap. I'm not always successful, but I do at least try. Especially on boards with a constructive purpose where it pays to be civil to one another.

I urge others to try, too.

SK-1 says thanks.
  8. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    ohhh baby alien side boob no im gunna go commit a tripple homicide

9. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
  10. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Looks like YOU watch too much TV news in your country.
    How about backing that comment up?
    Oh, BTW and you should try use a period once in a while.
    Hard to believe a DUMBASS like me could have noticed that.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  11. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Sadly, Figures LIE and LIARS figure.
    Go figure.

12. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah - figures can be misleading, our two political parties have been stuffing the polls for decades . . .

but, in regards to the majority of americans being a little . . . slow; how often do you see that every day?

I mean, I understand even the best of us have off days - but, there can't be that many people every single day.

I look at it like this - when examining a person's intelligence, you often find a correlation between intelligence and "herd mentality," or the ability to think for oneself. I see more and more, that the vast majority of people will believe anything as long as it sounds reasonable; and that common sense is not so common. People have become readily willing to tune into their local newscasts every evening, and take as gospel whatever the anchors speil.

Many people just lack an ability to think - sad because it's true. Prime example of a "stunt" that was pulled in this region as an April Fool's joke back in 1993 by "Tommy & The Bull" (an extremelly popular local radio morning show):

Thousands of people fell for it - not hundreds, but thousands. Even 2 of the 5 local news stations, because no one took the time to stop and think "Hey, today's April 1st, we're to evactuate to a center right beside the park, or use highways that don't exist . . ."

13. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that story reminds me of the Orson Wells original War Of The Worlds broadcast way back when. It was a 1930's radio broadcast that spurred panic of an alien invasion from mars.
    Also,...I have found that some of the MOST intelligent people in the world are also very trusting and GULLIBLE!!

14. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought that people like Hillary Clinton and other far left loonies were the ones who were complaining about video games...

I don't recall Fox ever bashing games. They might have discussions with people who don't like video games, but the network itself isn't oriented against games.

15. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

16. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

17. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh what is this then!

That was very mean.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  18. Graogrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, all that really demonstrates is that if you put someone abruptly under stress for which they are unprepared, they are more likely to make errors in judgement. This is true of all the peoples of the Earth. The only trick is to match the delivery mechanism to the culture. Do that and you can make any population in the world appear foolish.

19. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  20. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    lol nice find dude

21. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Brilliant Sesslers a god.

22. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Where did you hear that? Some random youtube video? It's actually 98 which is still lower than a few other industrialized nations, but certainly not 70. Furthermore ,it is debatable whether the IQ test is an accurate measure of intelligence.

23. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    wow this is about the stupidest thing i've ever watched. What a load of crap. i don't even know what to say. i'm perfectly fine, i'm not a sadist, masochist, sexist, racisit, and i live for violent games and sex and nudity. at the end of the day i go back to work and the games and shit stay exactly where they should be in the pc/xbox/ps3. it's just fuckin stupid the way people get off on this media crap. If i had my way i get master seargent to fuck the "psychologist's" day up quick. who's with me :)))

24. BullGod

BullGod New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's still low dude. Imo the IQ test is like 3dMark, it doesn't fully apply to real life situations but it gives you a general idea...

25. Graogrim New Member

Thanks Received: