1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seagate Barracuda Green 2*2tb Raid 0 HD Tach - nice

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Millennium, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All

I recently got two of these drives -
    Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB ST2000DL003 Hard Drive
    and set them up in Raid 0 with Intel RST (on a P67 mobo - using the P67 PCH)

Obviously I put them on the Sata 6gbps ports - I don't have any other devices that can use them to their full potential. Now before you see the scores, I want to mention something else.

There seem to be more then a few cases of these hard drives bricking themselves after days/weeks/months and becoming undetectable at BIOS. So I can't recommend the drives themselves. I bought them without doing enough research. Still, i will have my data backed up (most of it!) and can always RMA them if this happens to me.

Still, here are my HD Tach results. This is after dumping ~2Tb onto the raid, I didn't test before, unsure if it makes a difference:

[​IMG]

Now that burst speed shouldn't even be possible! and the sustained is just amazing. Cool hey?

Just a heads up for those of you who (like me) were beginning to fill 2tb. There are other options, and this one looks good!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    Looking good, I have one of those myself.
    About the "undetectable in BIOS": Seagate released a firmware that fixes the issue, so I suggest you check if you have the newest firmware ;)

TRWOV and Millennium say thanks.