1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seagate HD infamous "Chiriping" figured out. :)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RigRebel, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RigRebel

RigRebel

Thanks Received:
    In the Ether...probably eating cheetos atm.
    Agreed, in theory it should have absolutely made no effect; BUT, maybe that's why it's slipping by unnoticed as a cause ? Often the things you never would think of turn up being the root of the evil. And again, broken record, I can tailor recreate every time simply by changing the cable. Actually, I don't think it's the SATA Mode IDE vs AHCI but I do believe it's the SATA standards because they do change power settings per standard a little I believe. And yea this could all be only on certain boards because of chipset/sata bus controller on Mobo in combination with the other drives. I actually never would have thought of this as the cause cause it does make no sense. I stumbled on it by accident. :)

gonna report my findings to Seagate tomorrow and see what they say and if they will test bench it on their end. Lol "Kill the chirp project 2012"

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar There is Always Moar

Thanks Received:
    You can use crystal disk info to disable APM witch also turns off head parking or you can just this
    https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/
    ps: pay links and or affiliate file hosts are not allowed on TPU
    thread is dead requesting lock

3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Probably use Seagate Seatools for that too