1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seagate Introduces New Maxtor Desktop and Notebook Hard Drives

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 3, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seagate Technology today announced the availability of new Maxtor-branded desktop and notebook PC hard drives to the worldwide distribution channel in a move that gives system builders and resellers a broader selection of product features, warranties, service and support, and pricing. Designed and manufactured with Seagate's hallmark quality and reliability, the Maxtor DiamondMax desktop and MobileMax notebook disc drives will enable system builders to reach a wider range of customers. With the launch, Seagate is refreshing Maxtor's popular line of DiamondMax 3.5-inch desktop hard drives and introducing the new MobileMax 2.5-inch line for notebook PCs. DiamondMax drives initially will be offered in capacities up to 320GB and with mainstream features, cache sizes, and performance. MobileMax drives will feature capacities up to 80GB and a 5400-RPM spin speed to support mainstream laptop and white book applications. The new Maxtor drives will come with a three-year warranty.

Source: Seagate

2. bornfree New Member

Thanks Received:
    I stopped buying Maxtor drives when Seagate bought Maxtor. I don't expect the Maxtor folks to be around more than a year before they are all pink slipped. Seagate's products never impressed me and their service has always been poor in my experience.

3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    total opposite here, seagate has always been awesome to me, the drive i did have did bugger up, but that wasnt seagates fault. i mean how can you expect a hdd to survive a blue lightening bolt that passes about 5 meters above your head while the pc is on :p

they still rmad it though :cool: