• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Second Life and World of Warcraft Infested With Terrorists

System Name Beatle _ Juice
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 X (oc 4,2 ghz) 1.325v
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B450 F
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (twin fans)
Memory 16 gb 3200 Mhz Kingston Hyper X (CL15-18-18)
Video Card(s) ASUS Nvidia Cerberus Gtx 1070ti
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB / Samsung F3 1TB / Kingston A400 240 GB
Display(s) Asus 27 " MG279Q ips 140hz
Case Cooler Master ATCS. 840
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W Focus
Software Windows10 Home Premium 64bit
Right they sit there next to there pc with pirate hats on ..........:laugh:

FAXA

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @3.15GHz
Motherboard Asus P5N-E SLI NF650i SLi
Cooling 2x120MM fans, Stock Intel Cooler, 1x80mm fans
Memory 2GB DDR2 PC5400 (2x1GB Corsair XMS2 w/ Heat Spreaders)
Video Card(s) Inno3D 8800GTS 320MB 650MHz Core
Storage 2x 250GB SATA300
Display(s) Dell D1226H 1600x1200 CRT
Case Windowed Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 24-bit
Power Supply 520W Corsair HX Series Modular PSU
Software Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
So just how do these terrorists train on world of warcraft? Cause, y'know, the real world and WoW are so alike :rolleyes:

I highly doubt i should be spied on for anything i've done. I do not have a police record, i was in the top of most of my classes, i'm a registered voter that actually pays attention to the issues at hand and i'm active in my community. I also pay my taxes and i'm in a good tax bracket and i claim no dependents. I love this country and the fact that someone said i'm probably one of that people that should be spied on is insulting. Maybe i just don't believe in living in fear. ever think of that?

For starters, they spied on us before the Act was in place, at least now we know it!!
You sound like someone we need to spy on.
Not everyone on the planet believes in the same things we do, and they want us GONE!!
Some of these plans have been in the works since the end of WWII.(more than 50 years).
Keep in mind, many terrorist imigrated to the U.S. Years Ago(more than 20 years). I hope you don't have any family members in the Military, because you are not helping KEEP THEM ALIVE!!

:toast:

I know that not everyone in this planet believes what we do, and unlike most people i accept that. Maybe if the people who ran OUR (i say that as a free american man) government stopped to think for a split second they'd realize the reason why terrorists fight us is because we meddle. We interfere in their beliefs and we push our values on other people and that is how terrorists are born.

The second you accept september 11th as a recruitment campaign for terrorists....well then we can have an intelligent discussion.

zOaib

System Name BabaJinn's U.F.O
Processor Intel Core i7 975 Extreme @ 3.8 ghz (for now)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Xtreme II X58
Cooling ZALMAN 9900 CPU COOLER Led
Memory 12GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers (Blue Led) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5 GB DDR5 384-BIT
Storage 2 x WD Velociraptor 10k rpm 300GB sata + 2x 500GB WD Caviar Sata + 320 GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
Display(s) DELL U2711 27inch Goodness @ 2560 x 1440
Case Mountain-Mods U2-UFO Custom Case (Made in USA)
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi MB (Creative)
Power Supply ZALMAN 1000W PSU MODULAR
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Retail Version)
If only Aliens would invade Earth then humans might start getting along

that is so true , but as soon as we get rid of aliens , we will go at it again , btw i agree with u 100% pead929 dude ;)

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
PARLE VOUS INGLES USTED!? What are you talking about. You see people who support the Patriot act don't really understand the freedoms that we lost. You are LESS free than you were before the act was put into effect. For our safety or not, that act was put in place to let your government SPY ON YOU! Your government is here to protect you and not to spy on you and i agree that it helps fight terrorism and drug smugglers, but at the same time you screwed yourself without applying the lube.

People are too quick to vote away their freedoms and give the government more power to control you. Wish more people saw it that way and thought before they started voting. Its no coincidence that the richest of the rich CEO's were at Democratic conventions before the presidential election. And then everyone complains about republicans because WE (yes...WE) voted in a complete moron. Social programs are another way to get money out of your pocket and give the government a right to help control your lives.

Sound like Hide from that 70's show

Almost anything can be used for recruiting and psychological training. Using games like this for environmental or equipment training would be suicide (could be why they don't normally last long :).

I second the alien idea, newbielives. Unfortunately I don't really believe in them . . .

The second you accept september 11th as a recruitment campaign for terrorists....well then we can have an intelligent discussion.
Exactly what are we talking about. I can understand terrorists flocking to anyone that would do something like that if they hated the US.
Unfortunately I question that you may be talking about 09/11/01 as a recruiting for our military, and by that you are calling the US terrorists. . .

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
well have to make a counter terrorism guild and hunt theses mofos down to teach em, a lesson. :p

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The Patriot Act may sound a little extreme but it's in place for a reason.

Yes, the patriot act was a wonderful social experiment. It proved that you can reduce the freedom of the American people while at the same time claiming that this reduction actually increases their freedom. It's glorious to actually see doublethink on a mass scale.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

-Benjamin Franklin

Yes, the patriot act was a wonderful social experiment. It proved that you can reduce the freedom of the American people while at the same time claiming that this reduction actually increases their freedom. It's glorious to actually see doublethink on a mass scale.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

-Benjamin Franklin

Agreed (quote)

XooM

Processor Athlon 64 3800 x2 Windosr @ 2.65 (and rising)
Motherboard BIOSTAR TForce 550
Cooling Custom Liquid (WMD20RLZT, Swiftech STORM, 2-302 w/ custom shroud, 2x sanyo denki)
Memory Patriot PDC22G5300LLK
Video Card(s) Sapphire x1900GT
Storage 1x maxtor 40gb, 2x hitachi T7K250 160gb drives RAID 0, 1x 160gb Spinpoint
Display(s) 2x 17" CRT (dells; one from 1998, one from 2001) at 1600x1200 each
Case Aspire X-SuperAlien
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply Seasonic S12 600watt
Software WinXP SP2, Folding@Home, Battlefield2, etc
Damn those WoW terrorists, terrorizing illidan in the black temple...

So many valuable skills to learn in WoW for the real life, including (but not limited to):
Transmutation
shape-shifting
invisibility
mastery of the arcane
magical healing spells
flying mounts
blacksmithing (or engineering), by which you can create powerful weapons in just seconds!
Aggro/threat control

And more!
Sounds like a bloody stinkin terrorist training camp.

And in response to namslas:
Theft, where pickpocketing requires simply the press of a button
Fear, which has a casting time of something like 2 seconds and causes the target to run around for a few seconds. Everybody should equip a lot of shadow resist gear to counteract fear as much as possible.
And, yes, of course, i FRAPS every second of my game time and email it to the FBI. 'Cause that one guy, who was making fun of me in chat that one time, that bastard is a terrorist. He's going DOWN! he's gonna get his account banned and stuff.
***OR***
Remove head from butt, then type.

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
If only Aliens would invade Earth then humans might start getting along

It depends who the aliens first communicate with, side with, if they even were to side with anyone at all. Regardless, please eject Independence Day from your DVD player :p

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Nams, Pead, that's enough you two, don't get in a fight over politics....

I was trying to clear my good name and i won't let it happen again. I know i was at fault, but i also felt insulted and needed to clear my name. My further posts will just be political discussion. Thank you for being patient with me.

Almost anything can be used for recruiting and psychological training. Using games like this for environmental or equipment training would be suicide (could be why they don't normally last long :).

I second the alien idea, newbielives. Unfortunately I don't really believe in them . . .

Exactly what are we talking about. I can understand terrorists flocking to anyone that would do something like that if they hated the US.
Unfortunately I question that you may be talking about 09/11/01 as a recruiting for our military, and by that you are calling the US terrorists. . .

What i was saying is that the attack on the united states was the beginning of an elaborate recruiting campaign for Al Qaeda. They attacked the U.S. hoping to cripple the economy and strike fear into the hearts of its people, but at the same time they were hoping for a reaction. The reaction being retaliation with a military force. We send in the military and kill the bad guys and do the United States thing...Sit around and police the country to help "restore order". That rises resentment in the general population and innocent people get killed...beautiful cities are destroyed...values aren't respected. Therefore these people side with the terrorists because we are oppressing their values.

It worked...Al Qaeda is stronger than it was before and theres more resent for the United States than there was in 2001. I'm a new yorker and when i see cops every 10 feet in 34th street herald square station (thats on the same block as the Empire State Building) I know that there's people shaking. I won't let it phase me...I'll never live in fear and thats the reason why i hate the patriot act...

AND WHILE we're quoting people... "The greatest arguement against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
As Namslas 90 and so many others have pointed out, the basics of alot of tactics can be found in these games..its not a bad idea really...but I doubt its really happening, perhaps a few isolated cases.

Namslas90

Yes, sorry ZEK/Pead929. If you remember I'm just an old vetran who fought for Pead929's (and all of our's) freedom and right to speak their mind, getting a little worked up over something he probably worded poorly and I probably misunderstood. Either way the threat is real, and we need to do more to protect our Troops, It's not the troops fault they are stuck in a BS political war. They are just doing their JOB, and trying to survive(I know I was there also.)

The bottom line is if you have nothing to hide, than you don't care who looks into your business and therefore dont loose any FREEDOM.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The bottom line is if you have nothing to hide, than you don't care who looks into your business and therefore dont loose any FREEDOM.

I doubt you'll read it, but this essay discusses the inherent problems of the "nothing to hide" argument and why on a cursory inspection it seems like a strong argument but, in the end, has nothing to say. It goes into much greater detail than I can or want to. So I'll let it do the speaking for me.

Nothing to Hide

Namslas90

I doubt you'll read it, but this essay discusses the inherent problems of the "nothing to hide" argument and why on a cursory inspection it seems like a strong argument but, in the end, has nothing to say. It goes into much greater detail than I can or want to. So I'll let it do the speaking for me.

Nothing to Hide

Actually a bigger problem is the curent laws regarding DUI/DWI.
If you are suspected and decline the test, because you do not drink, then;
They tow your car at your expense.
They store your car at your expense.
The suspend or revoke your drivers license.
Then you loose your job.
Then you are arrigned, Blood drawn, proven inocent.
But it takes them a month to return/re-instate your license.
Then you loose your house.
Then your standing in front of a judge because you can't pay child support.
So, they take away your license, assess the fines.
And after 3 months of fighting for your rights you end up 3-5 Hundred Thousand Dollars in debt.
And you guys are complaining about the Patriot Act. LOL

I still don't think we need to give up our personal freedoms for any reason. Its a kick in the nuts that i just won't take. I don't have anything to hide, but that doesn't mean i should just bend over and grab my toes. Our government gets bigger and stronger and they try to take away our rights and our ability to defend ourselves against them.

Actually a bigger problem is the curent laws regarding DUI/DWI.
If you are suspected and decline the test, because you do not drink, then;
They tow your car at your expense.
They store your car at your expense.
The suspend or revoke your drivers license.
Then you loose your job.
Then you are arrigned, Blood drawn, proven inocent.
But it takes them a month to return/re-instate your license.
Then you loose your house.
Then your standing in front of a judge because you can't pay child support.
So, they take away your license, assess the fines.
And after 3 months of fighting for your rights you end up 3-5 Hundred Thousand Dollars in debt.
And you guys are complaining about the Patriot Act. LOL

See i'm stubborn. Even if i haven't done anything i'd turn off my car and put the keys on the dash...hand over my license and registration and say...I plead the fourth and the fifth and just stare blankly into space. The only thing i'd respond to after that is "Please step out of the car sir."

What i was saying is that the attack on the united states was the beginning of an elaborate recruiting campaign for Al Qaeda. They attacked the U.S. hoping to cripple the economy and strike fear into the hearts of its people, but at the same time they were hoping for a reaction. The reaction being retaliation with a military force. We send in the military and kill the bad guys and do the United States thing...Sit around and police the country to help "restore order". That rises resentment in the general population and innocent people get killed...beautiful cities are destroyed...values aren't respected. Therefore these people side with the terrorists because we are oppressing their values.

It worked...Al Qaeda is stronger than it was before and theres more resent for the United States than there was in 2001. I'm a new yorker and when i see cops every 10 feet in 34th street herald square station (thats on the same block as the Empire State Building) I know that there's people shaking. I won't let it phase me...I'll never live in fear and thats the reason why i hate the patriot act...

AND WHILE we're quoting people... "The greatest arguement against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill
Thank you for the clarification.

Namslas90 thank you and I can understand I'm with you (veteran).

kwchang007

Processor C2D T7200@2 ghz vcore: .9875
Motherboard generic laptop board
Cooling fan control and antec notebook cooler
Memory 2 GBs@ 533 mhz ddr2
Video Card(s) x1400 mobile, overclocked: 526mhz core/ 882mhz ddr
Storage 120 GB@ 5400 rpm fujitsu
Display(s) 15.4" 1440x900
Software vista 32 bit home premium
I still don't think we need to give up our personal freedoms for any reason. Its a kick in the nuts that i just won't take. I don't have anything to hide, but that doesn't mean i should just bend over and grab my toes. Our government gets bigger and stronger and they try to take away our rights and our ability to defend ourselves against them.

See i'm stubborn. Even if i haven't done anything i'd turn off my car and put the keys on the dash...hand over my license and registration and say...I plead the fourth and the fifth and just stare blankly into space. The only thing i'd respond to after that is "Please step out of the car sir."

I can see what you're saying. But you have to realize, when you have a government you already lose some personal freedoms. It all depends on how you define a freedom. Do you have the freedom to say....block a road with your car? Not here, but one could say that's a "freedom". If you truly want to live in a truly free place, get rid of the government. Now honestly is society going to work the way it does without a government? Maybe at a local level but not really at the scale of a national level much less a world wide level.

How are they trying to take away our rights? Taking away firearms? As far as I know, you can still own a firearm as long as it's not an automatic weapon, and I'm fine with that. I feel alot safer knowing people can't get an automatic weapon easily. However if you're saying that not being able to bare firearms is bad, I agree with you. Anyways, just remember this is my opinion, please take it as one, not as something like a well constructed essay (like the one Polaris posted).

Of course there is no true freedom with a government. What you're talking about is anarchy. The operation of our government is to uphold the law. The laws are put there to give everyone the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and all of that Politically Correct nonsense. When your government invades your personal freedoms is when you are less free. Your private life isn't as private anymore and that is what i am referring to. As for baring arms...Now you can say that its fine that you only have semi-automatic weapons and i agree with you. Theres no reason to have more than that.

My problem is members of our government that try to make it damn near impossbile to own a firearm. I say this as a New Yorker....try to get a license for a gun in new york... Our senator and presidential candidate says "you don't need your guns...we'll protect you". If you read some quotations from Hitlers right hand man you'll find frightening similarities. The right to bare arms wasn't put there so you can defend yourself from your neighbors or enemies, but your own government before anything else.

We were once part of the british empire...never forget that. Our people were being opressed by an unfair ruler and we fought back. We took the power back and thats why we have the right to bare arms. Many politicians are trying to take that right away from you.

I hope everyone thinks about their choices when they vote for the people who represent them.

kwchang007

Processor C2D T7200@2 ghz vcore: .9875
Motherboard generic laptop board
Cooling fan control and antec notebook cooler
Memory 2 GBs@ 533 mhz ddr2
Video Card(s) x1400 mobile, overclocked: 526mhz core/ 882mhz ddr
Storage 120 GB@ 5400 rpm fujitsu
Display(s) 15.4" 1440x900
Software vista 32 bit home premium
The right to bare arms wasn't put there so you can defend yourself from your neighbors or enemies, but your own government before anything else.

Exactly. I hate it when people say "You don't need firearms, it makes it way to dangerous" The things is, what happens if someone corrupt becomes president, seeing as they are commander in chief.... Which politicians want to take away our right to bear arms? I wanna know, I bet that one representative from MD wants to :shadedshu then again at least one from every state. The way I look at it is...300 million....actually make that 200 or maybe 150 that can fight with pistols beats an army. I tried explaining this to my mom....unfortunately she doesn't believe :shadedshu but it might be that whole parenting thing, idk.

System Name Sony Vaio - VGNFW390-CTO
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9550 (2.66GHz)
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB DDR2-SDRAM (DDR2-800, 2GBx2)
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3650 with 512MB vRAM (pitiful card)
Storage 320GB SATA Hard Disk Drive [7200 rpm]
Display(s) LCD 16.4" (XBRITE-FullHD™)
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX
Software Windows 7
Awesome! I'm a bloody stinkin terrorist! Muwahahaha