1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sega to reinvent Sonic the hedgehog

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Mar 31, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    While some hardcore fans of the Sonic series would claim that Sega has already done this several times, Sega is claiming that they will re-invent Sonic. The main reason that they are doing this is very simple. While Sega is making a ton of money off these games, they feel like they are disappointing all the hardcore Sonic fans. And so, by completely redesigning the character in accordance with their fans' desires, they hope to regain the confidence of the hardcore-Sonic-fan crowd.

Source: 1Up

2. Zalmann

Zalmann New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sega is still around? I thought they had gone bust or changed to a games company as I hadn't seen any of their products around.

3. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    cool, I wonder how it's gonna be next :)

4. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Sega is no more consoles because of the loss of money in dreamcast, but they still makes games...

how can you not have seen any of their products? Virtua fighter is a popular one. Virtua tennis...armored core...full auto....etc...etc...etc

5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    They need to take it back to its roots. Just intense, fast platforming action. The GBA games are excellent, they just need to figure out how to make it work in a 3d-environment.

6. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, some games just don't need to be taken into 3d gameplay. - - - This is the reason Super Smash Bros Melee is the best fighting game ever made - 3d models/maps, but 2d gameplay. Worms Armageddon was awesome - worms 3d sucked.

Don't get me wrong, some games need to be 3d. but not sonic. I think they screwed up big time with this last release. It seemed no differend than the one released for dreamcast. If they copied Super Smash by making 3d worlds with 2d gameplay, i think they could make the game teh woot.

7. 0V3CHKiN New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm very interested in how (and if) they are going to re-invent the game. Ever since Sonic 3/ S&K I think SEGA lost the ability to create a great Sonic game. I believe that Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were still good, but they just didn't have that thing which the Genesis counterparts had. I still think Mario 64 haunts Sonic Team to this day.

For the love of god, I hope they do not make another game where it loads the worlds every other minute. :banghead:

Yes. They released a new Virtual Fighter just recently. They still do some stuff with Phantasy Star. Other titles like Rome:Total War and Medieval are released under SEGA (even though they don't develop the games).

8. killatia New Member

Thanks Received:
    as long as they take notes from sonic and the secret rings and not from the crappy sonic game on the 360/ps3 then i hope sega does a good job.

9. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sonic adventure is still a very fast paced game.

SONIC FTW!!!!

10. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    lol, dragging the corpse of Sonic out for another spin? :roll:

11. Trase New Member

Thanks Received:
    They have already tried doing that. Sonic just dosent do well in a 3D enviroment.

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    As long as sega make games, its inevitable that at some stage they will come back with a console.

13. shoman24v

Thanks Received:
    Not about Sega....

I think it's wise for companies like Nintendo and their developers to release more classic cames that have been updated. The Gameboy Advance is a great platform for them to re-release NES and SNES games. I see a lot of money in that since a lot of the older games are far superior in terms of gameplay to current games. I'm not much into new consoles, but older ones are so much fun to play...

14. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone played the new Sonic game? It is flipping awesome. I highly recommend yall try it out. As far as the redesign goes, Im good to go with that. Fresh is mostly good, I mean, the new Link is awesome.

15. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    you mean the wii one or any other :confused:

16. killatia New Member

Thanks Received:
    i hope to god hes talking about the wii version that that game kicks ass.