1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sell system on craigslist, or parts it out on ebay?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ditto1958, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Ditto1958 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The first system I built 3 months ago is sitting in my attic because I built a second system a couple of months later and I like it better.

The first one turned out fine, and, although it was built on a budget, the parts are still all very current.

My question is, if I want to sell it, am I better off putting the whole system on Craigslist, or should I sell the components separately on ebay or even the buy/sell forum here?

2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    List the PC parts and we will take a stab at advice.
    EDIT Welcome to TPU!

3. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sell the parts on here man!

4. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    Post all your stuff on Craigslist and here, simultaneously, since there are less or no fees involved that way. What doesn't sell, list it on eBay. That's how I do it and it works pretty well. I usually get rid of roughly 50% to 75% of my junk on Craigslist & various forums after which I have to turn to eBay to dump the rest.

As for buying, go where you can get the best price AND where you are sure you are not taking a risk (risk = swindlers). In that case you have to go by reputation and observation. Feedback score as far as eBay goes, or length of membership and previous trades as far as forums go is a nice way of figuring these things out.

With that said, for example, I wouldn't trade with you. Nothing personal at all, it is just that you have been a member for only a month or so and that is a red-flag in my book. However, don't let that discourage you. I'm sure there are other more lenient people. Either way, good luck with your sales.