1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Selling my eVGA 580 3gb- how to transfer warranty?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Berty, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Berty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, hoping you can help me out.

I'm selling my 3gb evga 580 but I don't know how to go about transferring the warranty to whoever buys it. Would I have to unlink it on my evga account and then they would link it to theirs? I'm guessing that one of you may have dealt with this issue yourselves so maybe someone can help me.
    Thanks.
    Berty.

2. Slizzo

Slizzo

Thanks Received:
    I don't believe the warranty transfers. XFX is the only video card manufacturer that I recall that has a double-lifetime warranty which transfers to the next owner.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yep, eVGA doesn't allow warranty transfers. If you unlink it from your account it can't be linked to another account, it would just be permanently unlinked.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    The terms of EVGA's warranty changed in April:

All products purchased ON or AFTER July 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase to the original owner with a valid invoice. For original owners without a valid invoice and users that have not purchased the product from an authorized reseller, the warranty begins from the date the product was shipped from EVGA's warehouse. Registration is recommended.

Important parts in bold. New system is a modified serial number based warranty process. Registration is no longer required for the base warranty- invoice is only needed for those who want to register for the extended length warranty. So if your card was purchased after the date above, you can sell the card and let the new owner use the serial based warranty.

If it was bought before then, you would either have to assist with warranty service (by arranging shipping if the card has problems and submitting the RMA request under your account) or, if you only have one product on your EVGA account, you could give the new buyer access after removing your personal info (I wouldn't).

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. acemanx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, why is this info still out there for people to read and be duped, evga changed their warranty policy, was even an article off this site

http://www.techpowerup.com/163503/evga-announces-new-global-warranty-policy.html

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure you just supply them with the invoice when you bought the card and then they can use that to register the card to their account to get the warranty.

7. HumanSmoke

HumanSmoke

Thanks Received:
    If there is still warranty remaining when you sell the card, supply a copy of the sales invoice (preferably the one you submitted when you registered the card). That is all you need to do.
    If the new owner has warranty issues, they fill out what is called a Guest RMA, for which they need the receipt (or a reasonable facsimile) and the card serial number.
    Job done.

Yes they do. EVGA Warranty is based upon the part serial not the original owner. So long as the part is within the warranty period it doesn't matter how many owners the card has been through, so long as a sales receipt follows the card though those owners.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  8. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    XFX does NOT offer the double warranty any more, for a long time now