1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

send me stickers!

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Exavier, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, my name is Exavier and I have a confession to make.
    I am in fact the human embodiment of a magpie.
    I am also an artist and am attempting to do a sticker-style collage portrait like so
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/7838306.stm

I require as many people as possible to apply for those free USPS stickers online and send them to me, I will pay postage and they will fit in a small envelope or bag so it shouldn't be much, I hope. :rockout:

the ones I require are here at USPS:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=13354&productId=11653&langId=-1

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=13356&productId=12401&langId=-1&WT.ac=12401

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=13353&productId=11627&langId=-1&WT.ac=11627

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=13353&productId=11623&langId=-1&WT.ac=11623

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=13353&productId=11617&langId=-1&WT.ac=11617

I will attempt something fun to pay TPU back if anyone will help me with this - a TPU! themed build on my server case??

please help, I beg you - Britain does nothing of this sort and I need stickers by the barrel :cry:

as it will cost you nothing, pretty PRETTY please? you'd be helping a brotha out some... ;) guaging willingness and then I'll PM my address if people respond :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. 7pU~m0m New Member

Thanks Received:
    i got some elmo ones...lol

3. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Why not just buy them? Probably cheaper than paying shipping a zillion times.\

Edit: the whole roll of stickers is free, ignore my comment :)

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Those stickers aren't small and they come on rolls. Shipping over the Atlantic of a significant number of them wouldn't be cheap and if customs were to take a peak inside, I don't doubt it would raise a red flag. No thanks. :x

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it's illegal to ship stickers you got for free. Surely they'd be like "wtf?" but apart from that I don't think they can do anything about it.

As for shipping cost, I'd imagine it would be cheapest to just have one package with multiple rolls.

6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    They are paid for with taxpayer money. They are supposed to be used by businesses and individuals for unofficial packing boxes (official boxes have those labels printed on them).

Yes, it would be cheapest to get a whole lot of rolls and send in one box but, judging by the counts on the rolls, it wouldn't be a light box. All the stickers requested are for US mail only. There are separate stickers for international mail. If they were to open a box that's heading out of country and it contains mostly US labels, they may view it as potentially fraudulent.

I really don't see the artistic potential in those stickers either (they aren't like stamps with lots of variety). They are pretty much all the same so, I am sitting here thinking this may make someone an accessory to commit a crime. :x

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    what crime exactly? I can't think of one I could commit with these stickers, especially outside the USA. USPS has little to no actual embodiment outside the US unless things are being sent from inside the country..
    secondly it's not about the stickers themselves it's about the size and the quantity - I don't need a particular sticker I just need plenty, hence the free USPS ones.

the rolls themselves also I appreciate are bulky but not especially heavy hence my willingness to pay shipping, there is no cost or charge levied at you in any of this.

I just need a whole bunch of stickers and the UK offers no way to do this without extravagant cost, definitely over that of people mailing me stickers that they can obtain for free.

8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I can't/won't do it. Maybe some other member here would.

Exavier says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmkay, thanks anyway man

...anyone else at all be willing to help out? lmk if I'm just wasting my time

10. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I agree, government agencies, independent or not, should not give free stickers to foreigners! The economy is bad enough as it is. One roll of stickers could feed a kid in the ghetto for a year. (either by buying food equal in value to the roll or eating the roll itself, the latter probably keeps the kid busy even longer)

I could be wrong, but I recall reading about several African countries being third world countries nowadays because many years ago their postal agencies gave out free stickers to people who weren't using them for mail. The horror!

11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I see the sarcasm but wasting resources do lead to higher postage prices. They haven't raised the rates in a while now.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    define 'wasting' considered somebody else would use them anyway? It's not like they're printed to order...they're probably done in batches much much larger

anyone at all? pretty please? :/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  13. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    nearly 200 views in twelve hours and no responses...like any of my other threads (I must be a jinx somehow)
    which goes to show that I should perhaps call this off as fordconcept's view that I could somehow perpetrate a crime with these is evidently prevailing...no beef or insult intended, I'm just reiterating what was already said.

so yeah, if you feel like helping, drop me a PM, as this was evidently a waste of time for everyone to read
    Sorry to bother you all with my ideas.