• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Setting-up Folding Clients With FAH GPU Tracker V2

Processor Q9550 @3.8
Motherboard Asus Maximus Extreme
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 2x HD4870 512MB
Storage 2x 500GB
Display(s) 3x LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen LCD
Case Modded TJ07
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply PC P&C Silencer 750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
This guide will show you how-to setup and run all your Folding clients with FAH GPU Tracker V2.

1. Download FAH GPU Tracker V2
Download the latest version of FAH GPU Tracker V2 from here.

2. Extract The Folder
You can place the extracted folder wherever you like.

3. Run FAH GPU Tracker V2.exe
If you are running Vista/Windows 7 make sure and "Run As Administrator".
You will be prompted to download the FAH clients, so just click on "Yes".

You should see the Tracker downloading the clients.

Tracker will then open up it's main window and do it's initial set-up.

4. Go To Set-up -> Configure

You should see the configuration window, below, open now.

5. Client Set-up
NOTE: When you make changes to the configuration be sure and hit "Apply" button at the bottom.

On the "Client Settings" tab you can enable both your CPU and GPU Folding clients.We will start with the CPU client first.

Put a check at the "Enable CPU Folding" (red box).If you have a CPU with at least 2 cores then you should use the multi-core SMP client, otherwise you should use the single core CPU client (blue box).
The -bigadv option (green box) will only work on systems with 8 or more CPU threads, ie: i7 processors. This option is only recommended for 24/7 folding rigs with a fast CPU. To change the number of cores that the SMP client will use, select "Use specified number of CPU cores".The advmethods option will enable the download of public beta WUs.

If you want to fold on your GPU(s) put a check in the "Enable GPU Folding" (red box).Nvidia 8-series and up, and ATI HD 2000 series and up all support GPU folding.
To set up the clients manually first Enable the GPU(s) you want to fold on. (blue box)
The GPU3 Client setting (green box) enables the GPU3 client for that GPU. The GPU3 client should only be used for Nvidia 400/500 series cards.

You can also click the Autodetect GPUs button (purple box, recommended for Nvidia users) rather than set up the clients manually.ATI 5000/6000 cards will require the ATI R700 force GPU (yellow box) with the GPU2 client in order to work. ATI 5000/6000 cards may require the ATI R700 or ATI R800 force GPU when using the GPU3 client.
The advmethods option (navy box) will enable the download of public beta WUs.

6. Name/ Team/ Passkey
The next step is to enter your name, team, passkey (optional, but required if running the SMP -bigadv client), and EOCID (optional)(red box).So click on the "Tracker Settings" tab.

Enter your Folding name (blue box).The quick team select box (purple box) will enter the team number of the selected team. If your team is not on the list, you can just enter the team number manually (green box). If you do not have a passkey, you can get one by clicking on the word "Passkey" (beside yellow box). EOCID is your Extreme Overclocking Stats ID. This is optional, and the only thing it does is make the Stats -> View EOC Stats shortcut work.For more info on getting your Passkey go here -http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey

7. Starting The Clients

Before you start any clients, make sure your name and team number appear in the status bar at the bottom of the main Tracker window. If not, make sure you hit apply before closing the configuration window. You can now start the FAH clients, but remember to start GPUs one at a time the first time you start them. This makes is much easier to find the cause of problems like the "GPU not supported" message.
Also on the "Tracker Settings" tab you can set your clients to autostart when Tracker loads (red box)

EDIT:This is only a guide for running FAH GPU Tracker V2 and all credit goes to the author, jedi95, for an amazing program.

Last edited:
System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
tried this but everytime my 2nd HD5770 and client started this program would crash resulting in all clients crashing
1x HD5770 gpu3 -forcegpu ati_r800
1x HD5770 gpu3 -forcegpu ati_r800
1x SMP all CPU cores -advmethods

so I just d/l'd the gpu3 systray client v6.30r2 and did the setup for two gpus as normal and it works fine both getting around 2900ppd

Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...
I finally have stable clients on three different machines:

1. Dell i7 920 no gpu, approximately. 10,000 points--- no oc

2. System spec machine, 8500 gt not folding, taking care of monitor instead---20,000 points

3. Gigabyte P35, e7500, 3.5 GB ram, oc to 3.67 ghz, sapphire 4850 hd---3,000-5,000 points

Machines are running great, but i dont think all of my points are getting to the servers. I had some early issues with old settings from CC, but they are resolved. How can I tell if each machine is getting the points updated?

The EOC boards suggest only my system spec machine is getting to the server. I want these points to count, dammit! Feeding the chimp is one thing, but electricity is not cheap.

I just had an idea...create a different user on each machine to test? I'm going to bed, think about it, please.

Edit. Tested different user...failed, and firewalls are off or rules are in place. All trackers will point to the same stats.

Last edited:
System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
Set up HFM.net. It will indicate if you have a client setup incorrectly. We have a thread for HFM.net