1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharp LCD updates

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chewy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know where I can find bios updates for Sharp tv's? I couldn't find them on Sharps site or on the net yet.

2. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Bios updates? how exactly do you update a TV bios. i have a sharp LCD tv, had no idea you could update a tv bios/firmware. :confused:

3. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    On this sharp tv it says to update via usb, my Sharp LCD does not have an usb port but this one does. it did say that it was not up to date at one point when I was looking through it. Only update if needed really if ity aint broke/not working than dont bother updating :p

This tv wont read my ps3.

4. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    How do you mean it wont read PS3? Sure its not the PS3 or the port your using?

Never heard of that before.

5. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did just open my ps3 and changed its fan but I put it all back together very well. At my house the ps3 is set to 1080p here the lcd tv is 720p but I think the ps3 would read the devices maximum resolution and scale to that?

6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I don't think that it will, try dropping it to 720P and see what happens. It's impossible for the TV to not detect the PS3, unless the HDMI port went out. All the TV knows is that an HDMI source has been plugged in.

7. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Donno whats going on :p but when I put in a Drakes fortune and hit x a bunch of times to load the game it loaded and apeared on the screen. I'll try with MGS4 too it'll prob load aswell in 720p maybe... if it does not than Im pretty certain its the tv forsure.

The tv wont reconize the ps3 signal alone.. wierd that it does when I load the game... ohwell.

seems I lost all my saved games aswell lol Drakes Fortune had no saved files.. must of lost it when I disconnected something changing my fan.

8. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I Sometimes have the same problem with my tv and the ps3. I dont know if its heat or switching of signals or what, but when I go from HDMI 1 (Dish network) to HDMI 2 (PS3) and switch back and forth, or leave it on one for awhile instead of two, and I go back, its blank. I turn it off and let it cool down and its good to go.

For the scaling, I think I have it set to 1080p and when I put it on HDMI 2 and the thing starts up, it shows on my tv 1080p even though its only capable of 720p. Try checking your connection for dust, debris, looseness. That may help.

Chewy says thanks.
  9. rflair New Member

Thanks Received: