1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shoddy Asus RMA

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Arrakis+9, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    This is really just a place holder for asus RMA to show them what i got back today from them and how severely aggravated and disappointed i am because im going to have to wait another 2+ weeks for this to get resolved for something that should have not even passed QA to begin with.

At this point im just going to leave the pictures to do all the talking with some captions and highlights to point things out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE:
    After going though hell getting the board sent back to repair the damage from my original RMA - - this is what they sent back to me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  2. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel for you, that's shocking quality control there, this is why i buy chit like this instore usually, and i open it just outside the store, or inside, depends, to check everything first, imagine if you sold something with that kinda damage to them, they wouldnt wait 2 weeks for a replacement, theyd have lawyers on your doorstep, i hope they resolve it pronto, otherwise id be asking for a full refund and contacting legal advice in you country, thats disgraceful frankly to send that "back" to you like that!!! thats just rubbish damage on that board, its had it!
    Thats not even new, its used!!!!

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    at some point i better buy direct to the shop so i can inspect the stuff first
    sorry to hear that.

4. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    All i got back for as a responce was "generic" instructing me that i need to call RMA directly

Doesn't seem they want to deal with me now do they?

5. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Holy effing ess, man. That is one banged up board, and you got it back from RMA looking like that?

ASUS is my favorite manufacturer, and I have never had any issues with them, but good lord, just look at that thing.

6. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    a little off topic but the pic showing the CPU backplate shows people that don't believe that foxconn has parts in every motherboard manufacture the CPU backplate is made by foxconn i'm betting all the connectors are too anyways back on topic

WOW it looks like they used the MoBo for everything other then a MoBo and then just sent it back to you sorry for your luck man that sucks

7. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Damn, you can see almost all those problems at the first glance, What the hell is wrong with ASUS Quality Assurance

8. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Not to be sarcastic but if you just bought it, they are saying send it back to the retailer or etailer and they will exchange it. Thats what I would do. You will get a new one quicker and if you do not like the response, why the hell did you not call them on the phone? Asus has live support if your not happy with the response.

9. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    No the company he bought it from gave him a rebag. Ever thing of that. I have NEVER seen a motherboard from any manufacturer come out of the box like that and I have handled litterally hundreds. it just does not happen unless he got someone elses return. plain and simple. Why do you think the PCB is bruised and warped. It was in someone elses case people. This is NOT an Asus issue rather his retailer thus she said contact them. Snap into it guys!

10. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    so if i understand correctly its just a misplace issue? one sending and one returning boxes got swapped?

edit: if this is right then why would someone send something like that for RMA, are these kind of damages still RMA-able?

11. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    This is the board i got directly back from asus RMA department, i sent them in a pristine board that stopped booting properly and this is what they sent back after 3 weeks of waiting

I am going to call asus RMA department after i get off work today and see what happens...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  12. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:

Yes I would call and go up the ladder

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  13. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    yeah... ive been saying this for sometime... Asus wuality has gone down the gutter. specially after sales stuff.

i have had to rma my board 4 times now :(

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  14. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:

Asus is actually quite good. Nobody is perfect, :slap:

15. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Nobody's perfect but really what he got back was just a joke. Hell I have seen whole computers sitting outside in the rain and snow and they looked in better condition then his MoBo. I wouldn't even expect that from the cheapest MoBo manufacturer let alone from one of the most expensive.

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  16. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    Just got off the phone with asus phone support, I was informed that it was indeed a mistake on their part and that they were going to stock check the M5G for me and cross ship a new board for me in a "special rma case #" and that i should receive an email on further instructions in the next day or so. i was also told that even if they did not have stock i shouldn't have to wait more than about 1 week to get a new board back from them.

so in all, way to go phone support - it was better than i was expecting after the last highway robbery attempt i got from EVGA and their stupid RMA policies

Now i'll just wait and see what happens and report back with what i get.

Law-II, adulaamin, Darkleoco and 2 others say thanks.
  17. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    My motto is via emial 1st try, then phone. great job and congrats. Asus is not perfect but they will make it right.

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  18. dude12564 New Member

Thanks Received:
    At least they gave you a Canadian phone number. My ASUS RMA came back in worse shape than I sent it off at, and they said there was no Canadian phone number available...

19. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok well seriously hope you get a bnib board and that will make it right for you even though you had to wait etc, if they do that and it works out, then id be happy, they are usually quite good with this sort of chit, keep up the pressure too, and stay cool as well, never get anywhere being freaked out with sales people, its a big company with chit all over the world and chit does happen once in a while, please update us if you dont mind, i like asus gear myself never had any issues , it may have just been a mix up, they do happen, regs frm me.:toast:

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  20. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I hope they do what they say for your sake. I didn't have such a nice dealing with them. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    So i have not heard anything back from asus today via email.. going to give them till mid day tomorrow to get back to me with a response then im calling them again :|

22. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    Their technical support is scary. But marketing and bribed sites and review work never better.
    ASUS is big, rich, indifferent and stingy...

23. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    Still have not heard anything back from them yet.... no email no confirmation no nothing... on the phone again waiting for a rep right now to see what the deal is, hopefully this time i wont get put on hold for 40 minutes

24. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    that board seems legit.

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  25. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    This looks more like someone sabotaged that board than anything else. I see both good and bad customer service stories about them, so I think to some extent it must depend on pot luck and which country you live in.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012