1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shoddy Asus RMA

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Arrakis+9, Oct 26, 2012.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Finally! Here's crossing fingers for ya. :)
    Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  2. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    So the motherboard came 2 days early and im pretty angry right now... uploading pictures as you read this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this point im going to take mtrai's information and call up California - if they dont send me a board FIRST to replace this one im going to buy the part off ebay and do the repair work myself since asus clearly doesn't know what they're doing in regards to repairing/replacing components on a board. if nothing happens and i cant fix it myself well its just going to get scrapped for parts and im NEVER buying another asus product again
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Oh that doesn't sound good at all...
  4. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    So while i was putting the heat sinks back on the board i noticed some thing else.... they touched the memory sockets it looks like and did a pretty shit job of cleaning up

[​IMG]

when i asked them if i was going to get the same board back and they told me "no, it will be a replacement" (from several people mind you) makes you wonder what else they lie about or what else they DON'T do up there. email is going out right now and a call tomorrow since i have to be at work soon..

just opened up my mail and lookie what i found, i love surveys

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I would call now and ask them to ship you a board along with sending the label to ship your current board back. By ask I mean ask for a supervisor first thing.
  6. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I don't think they lied when they said you'd get a different board, I just think they didn't know WTF they were talking about.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    This is exactly the kind of shit that happens when you have a department split like they have, there's no way the repair department can communicate with the support side of it and vice versa. or if they can it seems they're not willing to at least :mad:
  8. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    They amount of money their company has wasted at this point because of lame stuff is worth more than 2 of those motherboards.

This is why I don't buy ASUS for personal builds. I wish my boss would let us move away from them to someone else. Maybe I can convince him that we should go Gigabyte/MSI.

Good luck with the RMA, hopefully they do you right this time.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, if you need to point him over here to this thread - there are a few other posts on different forums that are very recent experiencing the same grief. this is their second strike with me
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Gigabyte's RMA is equally as bad from personal experience.
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  11. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I've always had good experiences with MSI support, but I haven't had to send anything back to them recently.
  12. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Same. MSI has been nothing but great for me. I haven't dealt with them in over a year though. :laugh:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Even though I'm running a Maximus V currently with no problem, my next motherboard purchase won't be from Asus, that's for sure.
  14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    going to be going AsRock or MSI personally.
  15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I am looking at AsRock, but they have to release something high end first. All of their AMD boards are 16/16/4. That doesn't work in my situation.
  16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I like AsRock. While the Extreme 4 Gen 3 Z68 board wasn't the most quality board I've purchased, their support and customer service is very good.
  17. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    One of my favorite boards was my ASRock board.

Just ordered a build for a friend on a budget and got this mobo.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Damn, that's one shitty "repair". I'd be livid too.

My Asus board has been 100% perfect, but my next one 100% won't be from them.

They've gone downhill a long way.
  19. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    That's terrible

I myself have had some issues with Asus and their RMA process and Support in the near past.
    I have a few friends who also have had nothing but headaches from Asus within the past year regarding their service after the purchase.
    However, Asus did straighten out the issue I had rather quickly, cross shipping me a replacement motherboard. But I had to secure the deal with a credit card and wait for a credit a few weeks after they received back the RMA'ed board I sent back, which is understandable enough.

I presently own 5 Asus mobos. They are all great boards and work good except for one above that I "THOUGHT" lost a PCI-E slot under warranty.
    It was replaced with a used board by Asus.
    Turns out it was not the motherboard after all, it was a video card that died.
    That was ok with me I guess, I didn't like the fact I bought new and got old, but it works. I think Asus should make that clear in their advertising so if you buy a board you know ahead of time you get a used one back if you have problems, if it's less than 3 RMAs on the same item. I think then you get new one if still available.
    But I guess all the mfgs. do the same. It is what it is.

After a little more thought, I am NOT all done with Asus after re-reading this thread.
    I will possibly be buying from them again in the near future.

On the other hand, I want to try Asrock or Gigabyte too.
    So it will be a coin toss at purchase time...maybe.

I hope the Asus people do read this thread however, because if indeed you received that motherboard in that condition as you claim, that's terrible.
    it may help to make changes for the better at Asus.

Good luck to you.
    :toast:
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    dude12564 says thanks.
  20. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    ...and iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360, Dell and HP laptops (among others).

That's China for you. The products are already produced before a company buys them and slaps their logo on it.

Shame for ASUS though. I had a "new" Sabertooth x58 board that looked like it was wedged in a soft for a year.
  21. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  22. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Figured I would update this. I ended up not cross shipping mine as with Asus's process it takes as long if not longer than a regular RMA. Today Asus received my board so we will see how long it takes for them to update my RMA as received hopefully Monday since it showed up on a holiday.

My issue is with sites like that most people only post when they had a negative time or someone else they knew did. I have personally RMA'd 10+ boards with Asus without receiving a bad mobo back or any of these issues everything was done in a timely manor and quality was the same as what I sent in. I actually had one occasion when I had yet again killed my M4A78T-E when I received a sealed BNIB motherboard with accessories. Might have been because it was the 3-4th time I had killed the product, but hey DICE is rough on boards.
  23. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    OP, I have been keeping an eye here for quite some time and I must say, I am seriously angry!.

Good thing I wasn't in your place. Bad things would have happened to the retailer.
  24. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    More examples of why you should NOT use Asus products anymore. They are shit!

Hopefully you get your RMA sorted correctly. Took me 3yrs to get a replacement card, it still doesn't work properly but at least it was NEW! :rolleyes: :laugh:
  25. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    This is why "Sabertooth #1" is still sitting in the box behind me... This is my FIRST ASUS board since Abit went under I had to look elsewhere.

I am keeping an eye on this thread too, to see how it ends up being resolved. So far it looks like they have shipped him back the exact same broken board...