1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shoddy Asus RMA

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Arrakis+9, Oct 26, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The Sabertooth boards tend to be better then most Asus boards. Of ALL Asus boards THAT one should be ok.

2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    The BIOS is corrupt on it. Basically it treats my 2600K as a "non K" I lost all overclocking functions. I can't even run the XMP Profile on the RAM.

There is a way to supposedly fix it by "blanking" the BIOS and then reflashing it. I just can't be arsed to tear down my perfectly functioning Sabertooth to give it a try.
    It IS a great board and has a 5yr warranty so it's not like I don't have time to fart about with it...

3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    OR.... you could just purchase a bios chip from ebay and switch it with the one on your board.

It might cost a little $$ but problem solved.

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    You can order them directly from Asus they are all of $5.

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I was thinking of just flipping the chip with the current board and do it that way. Just not gotten up the courage to make an attempt.

6. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Jesus man, I'm seriously pissed on your behalf. I really hope it gets sorted soon.

I have a G53JW Asus gaming notebook and it crapped itself with about 2 months left on the warranty so I brought into the repair centre in Brisbane (luckily we have a repair centre where you can actually go and speak with someone in reality). I was told it would take 2 days to diagnose and no longer then 8 working days to repair or replace it. I had a phone call 5 days after handing it in saying that the mobo, ram, hdd, keyboard and screen cable had been replaced and it was ready to pickup. Quite a major repair if you ask me, but very quick for 5 days. I was given an extra 6 months warranty to cover the repair work as well upon arrival. Still working fine to this day.

But I've had a crap experience with a gigabyte mobo before where the RMA was lost in their system never to be seen of again D: I did give up on that scenario though because I used a my tax return to buy a new one mobo.

7. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint with ASUS along with seeing if the BBB might be willing to help if you really want to take legal action against ASUS (at this point, I'm 95% sure that you're within your rights). I'm sure they would have something to say about the crap you've gone through with ASUS and I suspect that ASUS would do whatever it would take to avoid going to court.

Sometimes litigation is your last and only resort, not that you have time for this but it is definitely worth filing a report against ASUS for unfair business practices.

http://www.bbb.org/
    http://www.bbb.org/us/Dispute-Resolution-Services/

8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    sorry to hear that
    its like they has"no good will" to replace that board

9. TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's one "eff'd" up motherboard they sent you. I've had two RMA requests sent to ASUS the past year and they went pretty smoothly. Two 9800GX2s that bit the dust, one took 3 weeks to be replaced, they sent me a GTX285, the second one, took little over a week and they sent me a GTX470. Albeit both cards noticeably not new but in very good condition.

Sending me different cards was the only thing they failed at... But I wasn't even that mad, I sold the 285 and the 470 alone wipes the floor with SLI'd GX2's.

Hope you manage to get them to send you a proper motherboard. It's even worse what they did considering it's their enthusiast range... :(

10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    My CHVF showed up all good to go...

11. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    New board and everything, not repaired?

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Yup marked the old one. Same serial number obviously but was a new board.

t_ski and 95Viper say thanks.
  13. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    wish me luck, i will be RMA ing my board soon. faulty onboard LAN

14. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Very poor service on Asus's end. I used to only buy Asus products but honestly their quality has gone down in my mind the last few years. I am a ASrock/MSI guy for motherboards and MSI/XFX for video cards. In fact the only asus product I have is a cheapo video card in my HTPC that was like $20 after rebate.

15. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    My XFX 8600 GTS damaged a display that was connected to it where I work. Completely fried the DVI DDC. I will never buy an XFX video card again, because of that. It's also half of the reason why I usually stay clear of nVidia in general as well, but that is just me.

16. TheGuruStud

TheGuruStud

Thanks Received:
    That's very hit or miss. Companies pay to keep their rating high. If you don't pay, then you get screwed. After all, the "BBB" is just another crooked corporation.
    Basically, if Asus pays them enough money, then it doesn't matter how many complaints are received.

17. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I'd stay on them Arrakis+9, they are looking for you to give up now. Make them send you a new board just on principle now.

Crunching for Team TPU