1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shogun 2 : total war

Discussion in 'Games' started by Easy Rhino, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i know all that too, cause i watched sengoku basara XD

he also has like, 6 swords and can shoot lightning or some shit XD
  2. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    A new patch was released but it's not the dx11 one.

Just like brave heart.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    hmm ive also noticed the game is STILL single threaded dosent use more then 25% of my quadcore period, Man so much fail with this game, Empire and Napoleon using the same engine at least use 2 cores... how did they fuck this up so bad lol
  4. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    That's an easy question to answer: employees working overtime in a frantic attempt to meet unrealistic deadlines. I assume that all the issues will be resolved in forthcoming patches.
    In any event, you are happy with the game, aren't you?
  5. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    nope he isnt.. unless his opinion has changed since the older posts
  6. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Any "griping" I saw related to technical issues and the inability to redeem the limited edition version via Steam rather than gameplay, which seems fair enough if that is in fact causing problems. That said, I haven't read through each and every post ;)
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Any campaigns for sp ?, and can you play coop or at least get friends near you so they can join the battle like in nap ?.
  8. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    its plays the same as empire or napoleon except far better online play and instead of guns only its back to melee,

That said i do enjoy the gameplay for the most part besides the crippling single threaded issue graphical slow down, and in general shitty performance, missing features etc, im sure patches will fix the issue and ill be happier when my product is up to par, but in general theres so many issues here that its unbelievable,

altho there is some good news a buddy of mine got his game today, i told him about the issues with steam, he gave me his Bonus Key and his worked where as mine did not, i gave him my key and my key worked for him, go figure we now both have what we paid for, but still it makes no sense that the key sent to him as i entered it worked on his end when it failed on mine,

now sooner they release DX11 and fix the single thread issue the sooner ill turn my :( into :) and Ill be happy
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i have not had a single issue with my game. plays like butter on high settings and looks beautiful. i was able to active my LE content on steam in 2 seconds. my machine stays cool while running the game and no lockups, reboots, etc. just an all around pleasure to play this game.
  10. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    That's good to hear, mine's arriving in the post in the next few days.
  11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i get extreme stutter and slow down on the main map, in battle is fine, but everything else is laggy as hell, i can see it in task manager the game pegs to 25% thats it, if the game would use the other cores id have a much smoother game, surprisingly the demo ran better then the full game for me haha, but yea it was weird i couldnt activate my code by someone else could, makes almost no sense at all but i dont care, i got the hattori faction, and now control all of central japan, and am about to take Kyoto just waiting for my castles to finish expanding.
  12. alucasa

alucasa

Thanks Received:
    Same. I haven't encountered a single crush or any sort of slow down. Though some of inaccurate historical bits threw me off a bit... But that's a personal thing.
  13. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
  14. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Is better because it's your type of units or did they do some thing special and added more feats ?.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i prefer melee and cavalry to gunpowder, in empire and napoleon all you had to do was learn fire by rank or w.e then just wtf pwn the AI to win the campaign, shoguns AI is pretty good theyve caught me with my pants down a couple times, and pissing off the shogun sucks major balls, ive got 18 out 25 provinces needed and im sieging kyoto, right now the

Chosokabe, Hojo, Shoni, Amako, Ouchi, Ashikaga Shogunate, are against me, i have the Satake, Murakami, Bessho, and 1 other on my side, im getting pounded on all fronts but maintaining just need to take Kyoto and Mikawa back, and i can steam roll hojo and win. sadly its only 1567 in game, campaign moves to fast for me, havent even learned all the bushido or chi yet, nor has anyone even finished upgrading any towns and the main campaign is about over.

currently waiting for mods to slow down unit speed, and make units last longer in combat, i prefer a slower paced battle so i can enjoy it, im rolling around with a 3000-4000 man army and battles are over in 5-6mins for me just kinda boring, theres no back and forth like in Shogun the original

Ill qoute myself that replay shows what i mean, outnumbered 2 to 1 2600 vs 1300 give or take, i managed to win the battle fairly quickly since i just set my troops up then set it to fast forward didnt need to do anything else really, battle took 10mins of which the fighting was over in 5 kinda lackluster most of my battles are that way and im playing on hard difficulty.
  16. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    But does it actually end or can you just keep playing such as in TW: Medieval 2? Cause if it just kills the game once you reach X turn, I certainly won't be buying it..

Speaking of, is it worth buying yet? Or wait for more [technical] patches?
  17. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmmm i might get this game as well, looks good
  18. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Legendary difficulty is good. It only saves during the end of your turn so you can't redo anything.
  19. alucasa

alucasa

Thanks Received:
    Not sure, I got as far as 1595 as Oda. I did accomplish all necessary goals and the game ended but it did let me play afterwards.

Alliance system sucks. It means nothing. Even being vassal means nothing.

I favor Nobunaga no yabo 13 over Shougun 2. In nobunaga no yabo 13, clan power struggle is realistically laid out and no clan can dominate unless situation favors a clan heavily. There are at least 2x more castles in nobunaga no yabo also.

Tohoku region is too simple in Shogun 2 also. (Date clan) And Hokkaido isn't even in the game.

Edit: Somehow found an english review of nobunaga no yabo 13. Take a look.
    http://www.janimes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21462-nobunaga-no-yabo-tendo/
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  20. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    never seen that in any tw game, granted I never played the original mediaval total war.

but in shogun orignal and warlords expansion you kept going until you hit your objectives or really took over japan. not sure what you would do after that

rome allowed you to keep playing even after holding rome and 50 other territories you could keep going until you wiped everyone out and then you could spend the rest of the time picking on the rebels the expansions were the same

pretty much all the total wars don't give a turn based cap for their main capmpaigns.
    Crusader says thanks.
  21. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ahk, awesome. I'll wait til it's on sale and get it, $90 is too much. And I'll certainly try before I buy with this one - I threw away $60 on DA2, can't waste so much money in such a short time :laugh:
  22. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Has anybody tried legendary as oda?
    I think they're probably the Prussia of Shogun 2.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  23. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  24. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
  25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    First play with the campaign mode, chose Date. Eastern Honshu (everything east of Mikawa, under Tokugawa) is under the Date clan. Currently at war with the Takeda clan, have already conquered much of their provinces but he's slowly moving to the West as well (through the northern coast of Honshu) and swallowing up the minor clans of the West.