1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SHOOT!!! one of my raptors died today

Discussion in 'Storage' started by rangerone766, Jun 7, 2008.

1. rangerone766

rangerone766

Thanks Received:
    computer shut down with a blue screen, any time i tried to reboot it would blue screen, even booting to safe mode.

tried to reinstall my raid array, same thing blue screen. set bios to IDE mode and its installing now. next i need to figure out exactly which of my 74gig raptors is the dead 1. one of them is only about 6months old, got it from newegg as a refurb. but another one is 3 or 4 years old. i'm not sure how long the warantee is on these old 8meg cache raptors.

i suppose if it is out of warantee i'll just buy a pair of the newer single platter WD 320 gig drives.

arghh i lost a set of ram the other day in a different rig, sent them out for rma yesterday. its not been a good week for me.

2. jonmcc33

jonmcc33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd run a diagnostic before I assume that it's a HDD issue. It could be a bad RAID controller.

3. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Never buy a refurb drive. I did once. Learned my lesson. Never again. It is just not worth the data risk, nor the reinstall time.

4. xmountainxlionx

Thanks Received:
    thats wierd, my 150raptor is about to die. the drive is corrupt and ive only had it for about 8 months. how long is the warranty?

5. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK all raptors have 5yr warranty

i'd run some tests to make shure it's the drive