1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Should I Get Speakers?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Azn Tr14dZ, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Should I get speakers for my computer? When I play games, like CS:S, DoD:S, or CoD:2, I use my Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset. And when I listen to music, I'm either using the headset while doing work on the computer, or if I'm doing work outside of the computer, I use my surround sound system. Do you all think getting computer speakers (Logitech X-230 for example) or would I not use it? The reason why I am asking is becasue, I haven't really tried out computer speakers before. I may use a headset all the time now, but I would never know if that would change if I get computer speakers.

So, what do you all think?
  2. stealthfighter

stealthfighter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heatsets are really good for fps games but have better qudio quality IMO
  3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    If you like being secluded in the game: headset... I like cause I cannot hear my surroundings.
  4. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I prefer nice speakers, because my computer is really my entertainment system. I use it for movies, music, and games. Actuall speaker systems have better sound quatlity too. If you get a decent one.
  5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same here, I can leave my door open while playing, and I can't hear anything else outside. When I play Halo 2 (on Xbox) I always close my door...so should I stick w/ a headset?

Also, should I get another sound card? I have a SoundBlaster Live! 24-Bit 5.1....it's seems pretty good for me, should I get another one? Audigy 4 maybe?

Thermopylae, my comp isn't my ent. system though, I use my 50" Samsung and 7.1, so do you think I should still go for it, since I just play games most of the time?
  6. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Are you anal about sound? If yes, buy a sound card, if not save for conroe or whatever.
  7. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope, actually my sound seems ok to me. So I guess I'll save up for an X2. I'm only anal about sound when it comes to watching movies on my surround sound. But on my computer, as long as I hear the gunshots, I'm good.

Thanks everyone!
  8. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i put my sub so loud, when i play bf2142, when a missle hits my titan, my desk shakes ;)
  9. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh...when I watch movies on my living room w/ 7.1 Polk Audio system, my neighbords complain, because they said that picture frames have fell of the wall on their house. Lol. I think they just exxagerated that, but they can hear and feel it from their house I bet. And picture frames have fell from my room though.
  10. i_am_mustang_man New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like speakers because i am not wearing a headset. and by that i mean, the feeling i get from headsets annoys me during long gaming sessions (i haven't bought really nice ones tho, so maybe azn and i should swap our sound medium for a month and give impressions...) so that's why i like speakers. i had surround for a little bit, and if it hadn't been a 2.1 +2.0 system, i wouldn't liked it more, but it was so sweet to actually feel like the noise was behind me, and it would stay there if i moved my body, in accordance with the screen.

plus i've broken a pair of headphones standing up too quickly in them and ripping out the cable and hurting my ear more than i wish i had
  11. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I were to get speakers, they would be 2.1 anyway, since not soo much space in my area.
  12. g12rxz New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

get a pair of those, a 400 watt 4 channel amp, and a decent sound card... and then you'll appreciate 'computer speakers' like i do.

:D :D :D :D
  13. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    :slap: 5.1THX or better;) ;) rest just not worth it over the head phones:rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    but a pair would arrouse the dogs for sure:roll:
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  14. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have these for my house:
    Here is my Center speaker (1):
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/csi5/
    Here are my front speakers (2):
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/r50/
    Here are my rear speakers (4):
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/r30/
    And of course, my subwoofer!
    http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rw-10d.aspx

Really nice together...great sound.

Oh yeah! Reciever:
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=200005&CTID=5000300

One of the best recievers I've ever had!

Also, my stereo for the patio, Bose!:
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=251_outdoor_index

In my parents room, they have the Bose 3-2-1 GS Series I home theater system, so there's less cables. but it's a great system too.

For my room, not too much at all. Just a Yamaha 6.1 7 Channel Reciever w/ XM and 5.1 Klipsch Quintet Speakers...[/QUOTE]
  15. stealthfighter

stealthfighter New Member

Thanks Received:
    ur so freakin RICH :D
  16. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    Why not just run a cable to the Yamaha and use that sys for sound :confused: