1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

should i raise ram voltage 4 modding cas latency?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by rage, Feb 3, 2006.

1. rage

Thanks Received:
    hi all,

last night i lowered the latency on my RAM i ran on those settings but not completly stable..
    would a higher voltage on the ram increase stability or is that only useful on higher Mhz??

greets rage

2. giorgos th.

giorgos th. New Member

Thanks Received:
    usually if a stick is not made to play with low latencies it wont play.
    you wont expect f.e. to play with 2-2-2-5 with Kingston value.
    but you can try the vmem.ram chips dont have any problems with high voltages.

3. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    true, but there are sometimes exceptions, and it usually dosent hurt to try. (as long as you dont fry your memory, hehe...)

4. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    same fast ram comes with high voltage needs right from the go.. i think the same applies to ram as does to cpus.. raising the voltage makes em go a little better but generates more heat..

if your ram is running a low 2.65 upping it a bit wont hurt.. if its already tweaked higher it might.. i think 3 volt is about the upper limit.. i recon it needs to not be hot to the touch.. having a fan blowing on it will help..

trog

5. rage

Thanks Received:
    ok i tested the latency's all 1 point down to it's default settings i found the temp acceptable.my fatality cpu cooler is also doing it's best to blow my nortbridge and ram dimms away so it will be just fine(i hope)
    im gonna try it and post back how it worked out