1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sidewinder hardware do not use!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by D007, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    In Gary's defense, it's not like he accidentally tripped over the electrical cord to your respirator. The dude sells parts for PCs, parts for PCs that aren't even built and up and running yet. He's not in a life or death business and you probably made a much bigger deal out of the slow shipping than he is used to for the kind of business he is in.

The whole idea of "the customer is always right" is really just not practiced very much. As much as a company shouldn't make a habit of dumping customers, they all do from time to time. Sometimes, it's just not worth the hassle. If a customer's actions can be construed as abusive in some way, they need to be aware that there might be consequences for that. I once wrote a letter to the president of my bank in which I suggested that he perform an act to himself that was physically impossible. About 2 weeks later I received a polite letter from them indicating that my account had been closed and with a check for my money. I was not the least bit surprised.

2. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    He made this thread because Sidewinder handled the situation worst than D007 did.

He said he wasn't going to do business with Sidewinder anymore, not cancel my order for me, thanks.

DRDNA says thanks.
  3. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Are you people mental?
    Someone has a valid complaint with a traceable paper trail that shows 100% undeniably that this guy canceled my order without me asking or wanting him to, after he made me 3-4 days before he even shipped it out, after promising a 3-4 day delivery time. I'd of waited 10 days.

I could care less if you agree with me, for you to come into this topic and deliberately try to insight me is sad though.
    Do I come into your topics and tell you to shut up? No, when you say to close or delete my topic even when I have 100% proof that this guy pulled some bullshit, you just told me to shut up.
    I give what I get and if you give me bullshit expect bullshit in return.
    Most of you aren't business owners that's for sure, and if you are I pity your companies, please tell me their names so I know to never do business with you as well.

4. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Meh, you are being a little hrm... what's the word?

I see "sidewindercomp" is in the active users list for this thread. Lets see what he has to say?

Edit: Guess he's gone... what does that say?

5. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    YOU ORDERED ON A SUNDAY how hard is it to understand that he doesnt work on weekends?

6. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    ya and even if it was the day before it was still a sunday. what did you expect?

7. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I can't speak for everyone, but I think everyone can speak for me: Yes.

On a sidenote, the council of elders just threw a bolt of lightning at my feet to warn me. Next time I lie to them they won't miss. I have to punish you now.

D007 says thanks.
  8. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I'm tired of repeating myself, read above if you actually want to know, clearly you didn't because your making me say the same thing for the 5TH time.

9. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Maybe if you hadn't been such a douchebag so impolite in your initial email he would have been nicer. Stuff happens in the retail business.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    SNiiPE_DoGG says thanks.
  10. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    EDIT: you guys are ridiculous.. I cannot believe you people. pathetic.
    Next time I see one of you get screwed over expect me to troll your topic as well. ^^

11. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    wat?

12. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Why are you here Sol? are you helping or trolling because it seems like your trolling to me. wtf is it with you guys trying to piss me off when it's so painfully clear I was the one who got wronged here. I'm done with this topic and soon I'll be done with this site all together if you mods keep pulling this crap on me.

13. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    You came in and started a thread about a company that a ton of people here use and like and expected everyone to agree with you? THAT'S pathetic. I never understood people that expect to talk to companies like that and still want red carpet treatment. You insulted him, he told you to piss off. What did you expect, free stuff?

driver66 says thanks.
  14. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    :wtf: how did you get wronged? your getting your money back, and you can cross one "horrible" vendor off your list...sounds like a good day to me :toast:

15. mrsemi

Thanks Received:
    If the story is as the op says it is, the business owner was in the wrong but in his position I think I'd have been tempted to do the same thing.

I've always considered myself a "right is right" kind of person but things don't always work the way you want them to. OP, you may be right but you're now insulting members of the forum with your remarks and right or not, I'd wager you're on your way out of here if you can't control your emotion.

16. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    sidewinder pulled a VERY LOW BALL TACTIC! I for one will not do business with them nor will I procure from them any longer in my main job .End of story

Not that its much help or going to sooth you D007 but, thank you for the report...I am able to read between your anger and any company that does this SH!T doesnt deserve my business:toast:

{JNT}Raptor says thanks.
  17. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The rules that apply to Dale apply to everyone. We're not calling eachother things that aren't nice. Discussion is allowed,keep it civilized. I'd hate to give out tons of infractions to people. (Yup, that's a lie)

driver66 and DRDNA say thanks.
  18. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    Read dons post. It was cool and w/e Until people started disagreeing with you. You are the one that got increda rude. No one said anything that should warrent you to totally freak out. Their is no need for name calling just because we dont agree with you doesnt mean you can call us retarded.

So what ARE YOU doing here D007? maybe you should shut off the Pc and go out for a smoke.

19. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Calm down people, he started a thread with what he considered a ligitimate gripe, if you don't agree with him thats absolutely fine but there is no need to creat a club in here on it, for every good retailer there is 100 happy customers and one unhappy, not all can be pleased all the time, he is not, good reason or bad, no need for the crucifiction..... let it be please, disagree constructively without the insults from both sides.

{JNT}Raptor and DRDNA say thanks.
  20. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but Gary has been very good to me over the last couple of years. He's rushed shipping for me on occasion for me, and he's always had my orders correct. That being said, every vendor makes mistakes once in awhile. That's just the way it is. I would never, ever trash a vendor because of just one bad experience.

SNiiPE_DoGG and Chicken Patty say thanks.
  21. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Lets list the amount of times a company has messed up. Small or Large.. By person..

Newegg, overnight 4 packages. Took 2-3 days after shipping on most..
    Performance PC's, shipped wrong thing twice, overnight money taken but gave me ground shipping (3d) instead.
    Do I still do business with them. Yeah, because it sh1t happens.

We all have times where we get a raw end of the deal.. but, it's a site, it's a human on the other hand. If you push, all you will get is pushed back even more.. It's the stuff that happens in life.

Sorry to hear about your problems D007, but I for one, will continue to speak and do business with Gary..

D007 says thanks.
  22. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Dude several people came in here spewing " delete his thread" and not one of them got warned for it. That's trolling in as obvious of a way as it could be.
    That is only insighting an argument and it had no other purpose but to do just that.
    I got a freaking infraction for defending myself and they don't even get warned for trolling?
    I do need a smoke..

DRDNA says thanks.
  23. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    It used to be to follow the Golden Rule, but in my experience, the Silver rule has taken over: Do unto others as they do unto you. This is why when dealing with retailers I have learned to always be nice and courteous, and they will usually behave the same.

@D007 - Sorry for your troubles bro. Sometime retailers behave like this. And sometimes us customers do too.

D007 says thanks.
  24. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I don't think there's anything to disagree about, I believe it was Gary from Sidewindercomputers that was viewing this thread on the user ID "sidewindercomp" and left without saying anything. That pretty much says it all doesn't it? An unhappy customer sent an unhappy email regarding an unsatisfactory transaction expecting an apology and had his order cancelled. That about sums it up.

DRDNA and D007 say thanks.
  25. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I think you should keep this thread open. It will be on the Search Engines in a matter of minutes, if it isn't already. I noticed Gary or Gary's staff just signed up with an account. You should try to resolve this online so at the very least prospective clients of Sidewinder can read this and see it was resolved in a professional manner. Maybe he did a *ick move by canceling your order, but is it really worth tarnishing his companies name...Debatable.

Regardless of how the situation was handled you took your complaint to the net. I do not disagree with you on how this was handled with canceling your order. Not very professional...Unfortunately it is his prerogative to make that choice. As a business owner you can choose who you sell to or work with. So lets hope he posts and try's to turn this situation around.

I have also ordered from Sidewinder, and service/shipping was good.