1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sidewinder hardware do not use!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by D007, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Meh companies make mistakes, people have bad days and the world keeps on spinning. I'd say do not use sidewinder if they say took your money and never sent what you ordered, however they were just late. I know I get mega pissed off when ocuk do there oh this isn't broke bs on me but thats just the way stuff is.
  2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    the op has made his opinion known and so have many others can we just get a lock here im asking preemptively before shenanigans start again...
  3. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand how it's shenanigans. The customer was unhappy, so he refunded his money. I don't understand how the response was unprofessional. He didn't argue or make excuses. It cut out all the middle crap of dealing with repeated whining emails from someone who obviously doesn't know how to voice a complaint in a civil and polite manner. He's the owner, he's not gonna get fired. :laugh:
  4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    No I just insulted people who insulted me, just because you say that doesn't make it true, read back if you want to see where the flaming started.
    I didn't start it. I'm convinced your trying to mess with me Roc.
    There is no reason for you to be acting that way what so ever unless you have some sort of personal vendetta with me..

Which is why I'm done with this topic.

I couldn't agree more but telling me to drop it is just rude once again.
    Why is this such a big deal to you? I have a problem that is clear and honest and yet you seem driven to derail it and make me look like the jerk?

+1

No, your threatening me that if I don't leave the topic
    "I posted about my own issue" alone and shut up like the those of you who are fans of this seller want me to, I will be banned.

So now I'm being forced out of my own topic? lol.. and your going to leave it open for everyone else to discuss except me the topic starter?
    So I can just be bashed unabatedly by fans of the company with no ability to respond? nice...

Oh yea, I'm done.. no worries there..
    I have been officially silenced by the greater powers..lol
    420 x 1,000,000,000
  5. timta2

Thanks Received:
    Having worked in customer service and electronics for many years, I know for a fact that I would probably be fired (or at least be in serious trouble) for treating a customer that way. Good thing Gary is the owner. Slow shipping and horrible customer don't make for a great business. I won't be ordering from Sidewinder anymore and will not be recommending them to others. There is a lot of competition out there and many other great companies that treat their customers with respect.
    DRDNA says thanks.
  6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do we always have drama? TPU is not a soap, nor should it be one. I think everyone needs to follow JATownes's advice, take a deep breath, play some games. It would help if mods lock this thread up for maybe 12 hours before reopening it for a round of civilised debate. Good night guys.
    JATownes says thanks.
  7. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Interesting how a trivial topic like this gets so much traffic :)

Dale, perhaps you should post the full mails you sent and received.
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  8. naoan New Member

Thanks Received:
    And this will be a bad pr for them. They're doing business, not an f/s thread so they had better be careful next time as it seems that this affect some people decision here (and possibly more).

And personally if I were to be put on his shoes, I'll be bitching too, for weeks to come :laugh:
  9. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Interesting how people react when their smoke is blown back in their faces. Don't treat people like crap, you are a lot less likely to get treated like crap yourself.
    Fitseries3 says thanks.
  10. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    gary is a good guy and runs his shop well.

lately he has been really busy after a recent move and merger with petras tech shop.

i've spoke with him a few times and he is getting alot of impatient angry customers but is doing his best to get things squared away.

a little more understanding and patience from customers would solve these problems pretty quickly but it seems all too many people simply cannot wait and have extremely high expectations.
  11. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I did.. All I ever said to him was what I posted, why am I saying this again?
    It's in his reply email that I posted on the main page, there is no more to it, that's it. ffs..
    Your all fans of his site and your trolling me. I see how it is..
    Also don't call me Dale, we're not friends, your all shitting on me as far as I'm concerned, no first name basis here.

Make me copy and paste the entire email with codes and times if need be. I have a feeling he's feeding a bunch of you some bullshit and your all eating it up.

This is all I said to him 100%
    Are you kidding me,? It just shipped today after I ordered it like 3 days ago? There is no way you guys are that slow, if you are, I won't be doing business with you anymore.

Also please stop asking me questions, I have been warned not to reply in the topic I started anymore because Gary called you guys and cried on the phone or something.

on a side note:
    You got a big f-'n mouth on you man, I'm sure your that outspoken face to face too huh. lol..
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Sure it does. I treat people with the same level of respect that they treat me. That would still apply with me if I owned a business. (Hell, I get bonuses at my work on customer satisfaction, and I do very well, despite the fact I do not roll over with impolite customers). I would havew done exactly what Gary did.

That said, I've had nothing but good transactions with Sidewinders, and will continue to business with them. I know I will never have a problem with him, because I will always treat him with respect, even if I have a complaint. There is a proper and polite way to complain, and there is the rude and improper way to complain. Learn the difference, and you get a lot further.
  13. naoan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I mean in getting my order canceled arbitrary. I do try to practice "treat others like you want them to treat you", thank you. :)
  14. Fitseries3

Thanks Received:
    Sir you are not too far from PPC's... why not just order from them? you'd likely have it next day.

i know prices are a bit higher but it would fit your needs of quickness.

just a suggestion.

:)
    D007 says thanks.
  15. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Would have taken all of 2 minutes to write up a generic apology and this mess could have been avoided. If he's been getting an influx of emails from angry, impatient customers then he should have had one ready. A simple apology wouldn't hurt, it was afterall his fault for the delayed shipping. I've shipped late plenty of times, but I always respond promptly and politely to the PM's I get and all is well. I'm not saying that D007's email was as polite and formal as it could have been though. I can only assume that both sides were having a bad day and this just worsened matters.
    {JNT}Raptor and D007 say thanks.
  16. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Then you won't have to worry about being treated like this.

And all we're saying is you're mad because he didn't roll over for you after you were impolite and rude in your complaint. You're also mad because we recognized that fact.

You want to be trolled? Okay. Learn the damn difference between your and you're, then learn how to be polite to people even when you're unhappy. You'll have bettered yourself significantly and made a push towards not appearing to be a whiny, unintelligent crybaby, Dale.
  17. Fitseries3

Thanks Received:
    geez don. you need to chill out.

you have been really angry lately in all the threads i have seen you in.
    {JNT}Raptor says thanks.
  18. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Yep an aweful big mouth, how many hotdogs can you fit in there? Life experience teaches me one thing, he who has big mouth, has tiny balls. keep talkin like your bad ass, carry that out into the street, see what it get's you.
    Tired of this guy, this is way out of line and it keeps being allowed? WTF?! I'm about to quit this site all together if this is tolerated.
    you have no right to call anyone anything. you are a spoiled big mouthed child. If your not then FFS go take your riddalin, you got some serious issues dude. I'd love to talk to you about them face to face sometime but your likely stuck behind a sheep somewhere.

Just close this topic already, does it need to continue? really?
  19. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    If you're so tough, why did you edit out your 15 year old Halo online player rant? :laugh:

It's your thread, you can close it yourself under thread tools.
  20. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    i didnt read all the post but if i order something on the weekends i would expect it to be shipped monday. i would if bee pessed and called no email :p
    DRDNA says thanks.
  21. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm sorry mate but you got that for insulting other TPU members.
    Rein in the imagination and don't post things which you wish happened... but didn't. :shadedshu
    Fitseries3 says thanks.
  22. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No more, it ends now. The insult throwing party is over. Would a moderator who controls this section please close this thread. Thank you.
  23. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    One thing to remember, Be courteous to them. 2 Business days are not Saturdays usually, Monday-Friday more like it. 3 a phone call is always quicker than a Email (Gets you to the PIC/Manager quicker so they can find out whats going on) 4 Once the product leaves the warehouse its not in the companies hands anymore but the couriers, which Most companies should insure the product.

Last but not least, Take a few days off away from the computer/ forums, go have a pina colada or a corona on the beach.
  24. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    They merged with Petras I didn't know..
    Calm down be happy..
    I'll buy from them now That I know Thanks for a place to buy from (sidewinder/petra)
    after this post i understand why it was like that..(customer service)
    I'll do business with em

EDIT: I'd really hate to see this post LOCKED it should simply be moved to GN...NO offense to the OP
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  25. sidewindercomp Sidewinder Computers Rep

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to TPU mods for the invite and brief unlock, so we can have the opportunity to comment.

As many of you have noted, we were closed from April 7 - 17th for one week's vacation. Up until today my staff and I have been constantly working to clear the backlog and we very much appreciate those customers that have waited so long for their orders to ship. Quoc and Alex really helped us out while I was overseas and became very ill again.

Regarding the OP's original complaint, I can confirm the following details to clear up some confusion firstly. Customer placed an order with us on Monday, April 26 at 14:49:51 EST, 2010. OP can confirm this via the email confirmation he received. Because we were backlogged from vacation, many orders were still taking 24-48 hours to ship. The note about us being on vacation was left in order confirmations until late Monday, as well as our customer support section, to let folks know that we had been closed.

Customer's order was processed about 46 hours after being placed and a tracking number was automatically emailed. Right after I packaged the order, the customer responded to the shipment notification with the comments that he posted. Customer did not post my initial email reply, which consisted of an apology for being slow, and an offer to refund the order in full.

When I looked at the customer's order again, it had an AVS indication of NYY/NYZ. For those not in the know, this means the numeric portion of the address the customer entered when checking out failed an address check during the original authorization. While the other checks on the card passed, since this one did not, it is an automatic grounds for a charge reversal should he, or another person on the account, make any such complaint. Based on the friendly fraud risk, and the customer's comments and tone, I felt it was in our best interests to decline to accept his order and politely refund him in full - with another apology for the inconvenience and slowness. The resulting email replies have been increasingly inflammatory and of course the OP did not post those. As much as I'd like these to be seen, due to some privacy laws I cannot, and the language being used towards us is not appropriate anyway.

The chips are stacked against merchants when it comes to card charge disputes. Online merchants are fairly powerless to make a counter dispute on smaller transactions without a signed signature receipt, as well as a signature on delivery. Every business has the right to protect themselves from friendly fraud, and unfortunately this type appears to be increasing. With our recent experiences, I've found to protect us from chargebacks, sometimes it is better to not process a charge if we have such an upset customer only minutes after we pack up their order. It surprises me because usually our customers are pleased when their order is processed. The former is not typical and neither is the shipping delay, which is why I've been very thankful to the 98%+ crowd for their understanding. It was my first personal time off from Sidewinder in 28 months, I really, really needed the break and I don't regret it at all.

Its good to be back and I hope to be in better health by next week.
    Thanks again for letting me chime in to clear the air.

Gary Stofer
    Sidewinder / Petra's
    DonInKansas, Wile E, driver66 and 17 others say thanks.