1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Signature Images

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by effmaster, Feb 4, 2008.

1. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Who the heck (P.S. im trying not to put in expletives right now) keeps deleting my sig pictures for the HD DVD clubhouse?

They dont even take up that much space.
    First it was Dr. Spankensteins Sig picture for the HD DVD clubhouse, then it was all my sig quotes in my sig, note the fact that they are no longer in boxes now, and now Dangles HD DVD clubhouse sig. They didnt even take up that much space so what the H-ll guys?
  2. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You were sent PMs regarding you signature on 12-11-2007, they must conform to the 100 pixel high, by 500 pixel wide, or be less than 19.5 KB whichever is smaller. Linking to external sites to circumvent this rule isn't allowed. If you refuse to re-format your signature images they're going to be removed, they won't be reformatted for you.

Many of you are getting excessively large collections of quotes. Using the quote box makes absolutely massive signatures. I know it is easier to copy quote tags, but it creates unappealingly large signatures. One or two small quotes with the quote tags is acceptable, but if you wish to have many, please try to reformat them in a manner that reduces space consumption. You can easily quote someone without quote tags. When signatures are two to three times larger than the average persons post with signature there is obviously a problem.

Eliminating quote tags allows you to have many quotes, while saving space. Try experimenting with the bold/italics/color/size tags to create an interesting and concise signature.

Many of you slip through the cracks with this, but as you are noticed you will be sent a PM regarding this issue.
  3. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I received the PM thermopylae and we reduced the size of the sig from this:

[​IMG]

to this: well I cant even find the picture now even in posts (not sigs) but it was smaller than the first one and thermopylae still deleted it, can we not even make a compromise here?
  4. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    And if your going to delete the HD DVD clubhouse one then you also need to delete the X-FI clubhouse as well as the Team Fortress 2 Clubhouse sigs
  5. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also noone ever sent me a warning about my quotes in my sig only the Sig picture to the HD DVD clubhouse which I complied with and lowered the size and resoulution of
  6. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is a fight you will not win...

He also stated that as they come across others who have sig pics larger that the requirements, they will be either deleted or sent a e-mail to resize.

Nobody is singling you out. You just caught the first volley...

p.s. *sigh* I miss that sig....:(
  7. Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    I have the PMs I sent you asking you to resize the signature picture to those requirements, and also informing you that your quotes were to large.

One sent on 12-10-2007 asking you to resize both your signature image, and your quotes, and one on 12-11-2007 where you said you would.

The rules for signature images clearly sate 500x100 or 19.5 KB whichever is smaller. That means that all signature must be smaller than 100x500 and smaller the 19.5 KB.

Thanks for informing me of the other clubhouse signatures. When I get time they will be told that they must resize their images.

That HD DVD signature can easily be formatted to fit the size constraints. Just ask someone with photoshop. I may do it for you if you like, when I have more time.
  8. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    While were on the subject of Sig stuff...em, could someone please do something about the team fortress club sig. Whenever you click it or soemthing, it pops up windows media player, and plays a really quick tune. It's kind of annoying if you ask me :eek:

My 0.02
  9. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I've never noticed that. I'll check it out.
  10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    is mine to big?

the whole sig part not the image
  11. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    ygpm
  12. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I smell a rat...sniff sniff :p lol just playing...reducing the size of sigs even by a kilobyte will greatly reduce the amount of bandwidth used. Trust me...
  13. Polaris573

Thanks Received:
    I just finished speaking with W1zzard on MSN. His stance is that the 500x100 or 19.5 KB rule still applies even if you use the [​IMG]
  14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Any images that I have made, please let me know so i can make them the size desired.. I am sorry Therm for making them to big... I just went in from my own photo place and added it, not doing what is said for the "Signature picture" rec. After your talk with me and allowing me to "learn" I thank you for it.
    If we blog the system down with all these different signature pictures of the "wrong" size, then we're bound to have slower loading and so forth....
  15. Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    There is a little app integrated into UserCP in the section that allows you to edit your signature. If there is any question upload your signature through that, it will not allow a signature image that does not meet the requirements.

Also, my signature is exactly 100 x 500, so if your signature image is larger than mine, it doesn't meet the requirements.
  16. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    In that case, should [​IMG]
  17. Thermopylae_480

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure there is a way to get rid of them without getting rid of link tags.
  18. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Ah ok, it does become a problem then!
  19. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    well i think we're better off still using IMG tags... as this allows images to be hosted off site.. this way the tpu servers aren't burdened as much and run fast and efficent.
  20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Also, if the size of the picture is exactly 100x500, and you still have problems with making it at or below 19.5. Save the image as "save to web & device" on Photoshop.. It will all ways get you the "file size" that you need. and if there is still a problem, send it to me or maybe as Pvt to help. I know he will, and after my talk with Therm I'd be glad to help anyone and everyone. Just wish I had more time to do it all!
  21. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    for those of you wondering the w1z just told me that the hwbot sigpics are ok to use :D
  22. Polaris573

Thanks Received:
    That's good to know.
  23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    well, for things like that, or the F@H sign. it should be all right.. but for the pictures that we build, there has to be kept at that size all around
  24. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Just an FYI for all who have my sigs.

My sigs are all 500x100 (or smaller) and I always try to get them from 18.7-19.1 kb...

They are all in regulation.
  25. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Our signature complies with all applicable rules.

A. It conforms to the dimensions limit.

B. It conforms to the file-size limit of 19.5 KB (which shows up as 20KB when locally cached by any browser but the file-size is 19.5 KB ; 20 KB on disk)