1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SiLenX 120 mm iXtrema Pro Quiet Fan 11dBA

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by MohawkAngel, Sep 1, 2010.

1. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it a good fan? I never heard of it but I bought it on e-bay for 5$ shipping included. I want to cut the wires and solder it on the psu 2pins plug to replace my noisy 120 mm fan.

2. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    no idea, when you get it post a review

3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I had one.....
    I had it mounted in the empty drive bays on a custom fan mount.
    [​IMG]
    After about 8 months I think.....it burned out.
    I only bought it for aesthetic purposes.

The review I have seen say it doesn't really perform as great as expected due to it's extra curved fins and smaller center.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    silenx fans seem to have a pretty bad rep for very short life span of their fans. look up a few reviews on frozen or newegg

EDIT: if your going to replace your psu fan with it i would probably keep a sharp eye on it so you dont burn out your psu or worse some other component in your rig.

5. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Cooler master psu is 2 yo so ill just go with that fan. i already replaced the stock fan and the replacement one is noisy and the wires that are soldered on the motor inside the fans are held in place with Crazy Glue. The soldering is not effective anymore so i just holded the wires on the contact point and dripped the glue :p

If this PSU stop working i still have a generic brand 360W psu always in backup.

My outside locker room is dedicated to 3 important stuffs

1- Tools-Car parts
    2- Computer parts
    3- Camping-Fishing stuff

Everytime somethign break I just go dig in my alibaba cave :p

6. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've two silenx fans ( 120mm 90cfm and 92mm and something cfm) and both are still doing great.

They're very delicate and need cleaning often to prevent balance problems(which causes noise, or damage eventually) but do a great job.

The 92mm fan needs a bit of a warming up before it's as quiet as rated though.

7. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok i will handle the cleaning anyway i have 3 cats at home so I must clean the computer often but I'm thinking about putting fan filters.

8. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Received that fan today and except a little plastic friction noise it was fine. Tried it directly on the PSU on the yellow +12V wire and even at that full speed the fan is silent. I just added some Jigaloo in the engine part let it soak , flip it and let the excedent fall then plus it. Now almost deadly silent. 11db at full speed.